Ultracube: Age of Cube

Unravel the mysteries of the ultradense utility cube in this devious overhaul mod. See the mod page for a complete list of compatible mods.

Overhaul
a month ago
Logistics Trains Circuit network Manufacturing Power

g Rare earth metals and Calcium Balancing in mid-game

a month ago

Love the mod. It's one of the most unique challenges I've seen in Factorio in a long time. I've automated up to Deep introspection cards and running into Calcium shortages due to Rare earth overflows. Even if I exclusively switch to the refined rare earth smelting process, I am just producing too much rare earths and it's causing my science production to slow to a crawl. Looking at ratios for science (up to deep introspection), there is a demand ratio of 2.1:1.0 rare earths to calcium. The most calcium-optimal (and only) process produces at a rate of 3.5:1.0, which has an excess of 1.4 per calcium. Is there a rare earth dump or recycling chain I am missing? Or is it the case that I should not bother automating the chain yet until I get further down the tech tree? Thanks again for the mod!

a month ago

I actually had the opposite problem. We switched exclusively to refined rare earth, and ended up with a GIANT overflow buffer of calcium that took many hours to burn through by switching to one of the other rare earth recipies.

It may have to do with how much "other" stuff you make like belts to eat the rare earth to let you make more calcium.

New response