Ultracube: Age of Cube

Unravel the mysteries of the ultradense utility cube in this devious overhaul mod. See the mod page for a complete list of compatible mods.

Overhaul
a month ago
Logistics Trains Circuit network Manufacturing Power

b assembling machines disabled after finishing one thing

2 months ago

i've never encountered this before, didn't even know it could happen.

all of my assembling machines aren't working, and display a yellow triangle containing an exclamation mark. if i open them, the message at the top (which normally shows "working" or "item ingredient shortage") reads "disabled by script".

i've been testing this for a while and i cannot identify the cause.

in editor mode:
if i drag the deletion tool over the whole row of assemblers, then undo so they re-appear, they will complete one recipe and then revert to "disabled by script"
if i manually mine/undo one assembler, it will immediately go to "disabled by script".

in character mode:
if i mine and then place an assembler, it will immediately go to "disabled by script".

the assemblers have modules in them, and i did try removing the modules in case something had gone wrong there.

it doesn't seem to matter what recipe the assemblers are set to.

however, this bug is weirdly inconsistent. SOMETIMES i can place an assembler that will complete one recipe and then continue to function as normal. sometimes i place an assembler and it's "disabled by script".

i began to wonder if an area of the map was somehow bugged, so i copied my whole base and pasted it far away, but that didn't seem to make a difference?

i've been screwing around in a test save for a while now trying to make sense of this to no avail. for a while, the save was fine! then this bug appeared again and i can't understand why.

i can supply my test save for debugging purposes if someone can explain how to upload them. i've seen file uploads on the forums but it looks like mod forums don't get them? would i need to post in a thread in the main forums to upload my save?

2 months ago

Do you have more than one beacon affecting the machines?

2 months ago

huh. actually, i do. i'm guessing this is a known bug. removing one row of beacons and then deleting/undoing the assemblers seems to allow them to work indefinitely.

New response