Tag Book

by DiRten

Adds a menu to the game in which all map markers are ordered. They can be filtered and sorted. There are also additional buttons that allow you to view the marker from the list on the map and mark it with a ping. (default key "B")

Utilities
1 year, 1 month ago
Transportation Trains Environment Mining Fluids Logistic network

i Feature Suggestions:

1 year, 2 months ago

Submit your ideas about the mod.

1 year, 2 months ago

I opened a new ticket: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/TagBook/discussion/63fa49c19a987f5472113712

The filter feature are only filtering the start of the string. If I have a tag named "Artillery Depot" and I searched for "depot", nothing was found.
I thing the search should look for any substring of the tag!

Thanks.

1 year, 2 months ago

I opened a new ticket: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/TagBook/discussion/63fa49c19a987f5472113712

The filter feature are only filtering the start of the string. If I have a tag named "Artillery Depot" and I searched for "depot", nothing was found.
I thing the search should look for any substring of the tag!

Thanks.

Done! Check version 2.0.5

1 year, 1 month ago

Why you remove the option to sort the tags by icons in the new version (3.0.1)?

Thanks.

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Maybe it's just me but I hate when mods ignore the close menu hotkey. Please let me close map tags with default hotkey. Some mods have a 'pin' button to toggle the behavior of closing/keeping open.

1 year, 1 month ago

Maybe it's just me but I hate when mods ignore the close menu hotkey. Please let me close map tags with default hotkey. Some mods have a 'pin' button to toggle the behavior of closing/keeping open.

it should close, at least it did when I last tested...
Hotkey? or Shortcut?

1 year, 1 month ago

I understand. You mean the escape key, right?

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks.

I combined the sort by name function and the sort by icon function. First the order is by name, then the order is by icon. In the case of your style, judging by the screenshots, you use only icons. Normally, they should be ordered by icons.
You can also search for icons by a special search element. To the left of the search text.

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks.

I'll think about how to implement it conveniently for everyone. Therefore, extended reviews are very important to me. Thank you.

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks.

I'll think about how to implement it conveniently for everyone. Therefore, extended reviews are very important to me. Thank you.

The icon on the top left of the windows (gear with a red dot) could be a toggle button! This button toggles between sorting by name or sorting by icons. Then the icon need to change accordingly!

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks.

I combined the sort by name function and the sort by icon function. First the order is by name, then the order is by icon. In the case of your style, judging by the screenshots, you use only icons. Normally, they should be ordered by icons.
You can also search for icons by a special search element. To the left of the search text.

My game have most tags that are only icons, but some are icons and names. I would prefer that your mod sorts by icons, then sort by name! (grouping the tags with the same icon)

Thanks

1 year, 1 month ago

well i use mouse button 4 for 'confirm window'. either one works.

1 year, 1 month ago

well i use mouse button 4 for 'confirm window'. either one works.

Added. Check update.

1 year, 1 month ago

It works! But now there's a missing description for the hotkey:

unknown key: "controls.tagbook-hotkey-window"

1 year, 1 month ago

Suggestion: move the buttons to the left of the name so it's easier to tell which button is for which tag. I'm not a fan of huge blank spaces between linked items.

1 year, 1 month ago

Suggestion: move the buttons to the left of the name so it's easier to tell which button is for which tag. I'm not a fan of huge blank spaces between linked items.

Thanks for the feedback.
I'll think about it.
Space is reserved for large tag names.
The button to the left of the name seemed stylistically not beautiful to me.

1 year, 1 month ago

It works! But now there's a missing description for the hotkey:

unknown key: "controls.tagbook-hotkey-window"

Fixed in new update.

1 year, 1 month ago

Fixed in new update.

thanks again!

Space is reserved for large tag names.

you can keep the window the same size with the same amount of space

The button to the left of the name seemed stylistically not beautiful to me.

and to me the large gap (with small tag names) is not beautiful or functional. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just my suggestion

1 year, 1 month ago

and to me the large gap (with small tag names) is not beautiful or functional. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just my suggestion

Thanks for the feedback.
User reviews are very important to me.
I'm thinking about implementation.
On the left, it doesn't look good to me.
But there is also a lot of empty space.
If you have any ideas on how this can be done, please let me know.

1 year, 1 month ago

if you put this up on github i can take a look and send a pr

1 year, 1 month ago

if you put this up on github i can take a look and send a pr

I haven't used github yet.
I will study this question.
I am not a native English speaker.
Can you please clarify what you mean by pr?

1 year, 1 month ago

pr = pull request. when using git/github it's a way for me to request that you take my code changes.

1 year, 1 month ago

Sometimes, when I update some tag, the changes not appear on the Windows GUI!
Maybe put some refresh button on the GUI, then we can refresh manually all the tags. The only way I can fix the wrong tag is deleting this mod, saving the game and reinstalling this mod again!

Thanks.

9 months ago

Please consider to offer a function to export the tags.
In a textwindow similar to the blueprint-export.

Perhaps you could format as CSV (comma separated value) with the icon, tagcontent and x&y coordinates.

8 months ago

Could you provide a translatable localization entry for the "Tag Book" field at the top of the GUI?

New response