Spidertron Waypoints deprecated

Have more control over your spidertrons by using waypoints and creating patrols! Includes customizable 'Time passed' or 'Inactivity' wait conditions. āš ļø Deprecated. Please use Spidertron Patrols instead. āš ļø

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Transportation Combat

i [Concluded] New Remote

3 years ago

Modify the current control to just create waypoints and create a new entity (use the new look already available for the control in patrol mode) that can be crafted just to create patrol routes.
Remove the shortcuts that allow you to switch between the two modes, as they require different controls...

It would also be interesting to create a method so that it was possible to disconnect the controls, which would work for both entities, as done by this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Disconnect-Remote

Thanks

3 years ago

I can see the simplicity benefit in splitting the 2 functions up into 2 remotes (it would allow me to get rid of the patrol mode shortcut), but Iā€™m not convinced that it is worth the hassle for a player to have to think about which to craft/carry.

Iā€™d be interested in hearing what others think.

Iā€™m not sure about implementing the ā€˜clear remoteā€™ feature. The other mod works great already (and I use it), and it feels a bit off to just replace it. Idk though, Iā€™ll consider it.

3 years ago

I'm having problems switching between operating modes using just one control ... The shortcut doesn't always work and the lack of indication of the selected mode gets in the way a little (if you leave the setting to keep only one control, to avoid the bug of the shortcut disappearing from the quickbar).
I also suggested integrating the 'clear remote' functionality as I believe it will not work if you create a new control. The alternative would be to ask the maintainer of that other mod to include support for this new remote.

Thanks.

3 years ago

I've added right click and shift right click hotkeys to 1.2.1 which should make it easier to switch if shift-scrolling wasn't working for you. I've still not given up hope about fixing the hotbar problem yet.

3 years ago

Iā€™ve fixed the quickbar issue (the only problem remaining which is unfixable is that you canā€™t put a remote in the quickbar whilst it is in patrol mode).

I also added the ā€œclear remoteā€ hotkey because the other mod does not work with the patrol remote.

Let me know if youā€™re still feeling the need for a separate item :)

3 years ago

I wouldn't say I need to. It was just a suggestion that I thought could make it easier ...
Thanks for considering my suggestion.
Good mod, by the way!

New response