Spidertron Patrols

Send spidertrons on patrols and automatically load and unload them using docks. Adds mid-game spiderling to allow the new features to be used sooner. Replacement for Spidertron Waypoints. Simpler alternative to AAI Programmable Vehicles. Allows creating patrols for Lex's Aircraft.

Content
4 months ago
Logistics Combat

g "Recommended" vs "required"

1 year, 9 months ago

Why is Spidertron Enhancements, that says itself that "All features can be turned on or off individually" a hard dependency? And why, if it's required (for what?) did you name the section "Recommendations"?

1 year, 9 months ago

That’s a good question… If my memory serves me correctly it is because some features of Enhancements were in Patrols (like Shift-E whilst holding a remote). I then moved them to Enhancements and added the dependency so that the features didn’t simply disappear.

I could remove the hard dependency but in my view they aren’t separate mods, Enhancements is just the subset of Patrols that isn’t game-changing. The hard dependency hasn’t caused any problems so far so I’m not inclined to change it now. Is there a reason you don’t want/like Enhancements?

The section is called Recommendations because it is suggesting some useful features for you to try that you otherwise would be unaware of. I agree that it should probably be renamed. You can see the evolution from https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SpidertronWaypoints.

New response