Spidertron Patrols

Send spidertrons on patrols and automatically load and unload them using docks. Adds mid-game spiderling to allow the new features to be used sooner. Replacement for Spidertron Waypoints. Simpler alternative to AAI Programmable Vehicles. Allows creating patrols for Lex's Aircraft.

Content
5 months ago
Logistics Combat

b [Fixed-2.1.2] GUI issue with autotrash

2 years ago

With both this mod and Autotrash, which both add a gui element to roughly the same location, your gui element ends up bottoming out and having a part of it cut off, leading to a few of the waypoints being configurable.

2 years ago

Thanks for the report. I actually ran into this whilst testing, and I'm pretty sure that it is a base game bug that only occurs on lower resolution screens or high interface scale: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=98151

I fixed it for 1080p/100% scale by hardcoding a maximum height for the GUI, but you can still break it with higher interface scales. And of course with other mods taking up that space it becomes possible even at 1080p/100%. I'm not sure that I can do much about it to be honest. I could pick an even more restrictive maximal_height when that mod is present, but it wouldn't solve the issue if you have too many stored logistics requests from Autotrash.

2 years ago

The gui size can be adjusted at real time?

2 years ago

A checkbox to hide the spider camera to get more real estate?

2 years ago

Yes the gui size can be adjusted real-time but I don't know of a way for it to know what it should be updated to. The game doesn't expose things like where the GUI actually is or how large it has been resized to.

Optionally hiding the camera is a good idea, I'll do that at some point.

2 years ago

You should probably contact the maker of autotrash to talk about a a way to solve this... Perhaps have a certain limit to the size if the other mod is detected (mutual)?

2 years ago

Ok it looks like I can fix it reasonably well just by limiting both mod's maximal_height values even further in data when AutoTrash is enabled. But as explained earlier, this won't fix all screen size/interface scale combinations, for that I need the base game bug fixed. I'm targeting 1080p/100%, but if you use a different display, then I can work towards that if you let me know what it is.

I'll also add the camera toggle button, it is a good idea for more space to show waypoints.

2 years ago

I've released these changes in v2.1.1. Let me know what you think, or if there are still problems.

2 years ago

You can have a mod setting for players to increase/shrink it, if they experience issues and need to.

2 years ago

I'd rather just let the devs do their thing and fix the bug ;D
Yes that's a reasonable suggestion, I'll likely implement it soon.

2 years ago

Ok I've added a runtime per-player setting that allows you to scale the frame maximal_height. The base maximal_height is 930 normally, or 650 with AutoTrash installed.

New response