Schall Pickup Tower

Adds buildings that automatically collect items on ground. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i [Responded] I think these should be in the "millitary" category (Will not implement)

3 years ago

Just makes more sense to me.

3 years ago

I am not sure this is a good idea.
It can be storage, logistics, military, or any combination of above. Everyone has their own values and definitions.
For me, they are just for transferring items from ground to belt/chest, something like an inserter but specialized to pick from an area. So clearly "logistics" in its primary role. At least I would not call the ammo-feeding inserter in front of a turret a "military" entity...

And currently, the biters do not consider any PT as high priority target. You can try place some undefended PT on the field deep in enemy territory, and biters will just leave it there (unless they are blocking the path, like the trees and rocks).
In order to qualify as "military" category, maybe the "threat level" of PT has to be raised, so that the biters will actively attack them on sight (just like players' turrets).
I am not sure if you or other players actually want such change.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Well, it was a suggestion. I only ever used them to pick up all the various drops enemies give with mods.

Since they're so slow (and the game discourages you from having things on the ground) that's all they're really useful for.

Plus the logistics tab is overly cluttered. Main reason I suggested this lol.

3 years ago

Well, for modded games (at least my mod set, before my group mods), the "Combat" tab is the most cluttered one in my crafting menu.
The situation is even more severe for some popular overhaul mods.
The situation is much better after my Schall Transport Group moving over half of equipment (and all the vehicles).

3 years ago

Yeah I noticed. Transport Group was one i found and installed quite fast, should be in the vanilla game tbh.

New response