Schall Pickup Tower

Adds buildings that automatically collect items on ground. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i [Solved] Range indicator

4 years ago

just like with turrets, would love if either by toggle or default that they show their actual range.

4 years ago

I will look into that, but I am not sure if it is even doable.

4 years ago

I think Natural evolution mods has a collector too, and if i remember correctly it shows range... not certain... i don't use it because it's horrible to place down...

4 years ago

Maybe you could fudge it with adding 0 damage, with uncraftable clip weapon to the tower with range = pickup range?

4 years ago

A pickup tower consists of two entities: "chest" (interact-able part) and "radar" (for animation and countdown).
Adding the third entity "turret" for the range will add too much complexity, I am not fond of this.

BTW, I "peeked" into code of other mods. Very often they are using on_tick event to do the additional render. Hope there are more UPS-friendly ways to do that.

4 years ago

Finally have some time to learn about Factorio rendering API, and implemented the display of pickup range in 0.17.4.
Will display range when selecting (hovering mouse cursor) over a pickup tower.
An extra option in "Per player" tab is provided to toggle this off. But it is harmless to keep this option on.

PS: Learned to show this without needing on_tick event at all, thus very UPS-friendly.

4 years ago

The LuaRendering is not too difficult, after first using it will be very easy.

4 years ago

Yes, after using it once, it is now easy for me.

I first peeked into some mods to learn how to do that, where they do that in on_tick event. It gave me the wrong impression that rendering is difficult to be used and UPS-inefficient.

4 years ago

I'm using area displaying by the same mod Active Provider Looting Chest on_tick and just as forever rectangles by the Show Roboport Limits

4 years ago

These would be useful examples before I learned rendering, but I already know that now.

New response