Schall Machine Scaling

Adds scaled up versions in different sizes for various machines. Number of overtiers can be freely adjusted. Designed for megabases and gigabases, by reducing total number of entities (thus reduced save file size, improved UPS). Includes assembling machine 3, chemical plant, electric furnace, oil refinery, centrifuge, lab, boiler, steam engine, steam turbine, heat exchanger, nuclear reactor, storage tank. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing Power Storage

i [Responded] Angel/Bobs support (Will not implement)

5 years ago

In Angel/Bobs the max assembler is not 3 but rather 6 (I think), and there are tiers of the other vanilla buildings, in addition to a huge amount of other buildings that are entirely ignored as well. It would be possible to have a list of possible upgrades and autogenerate everything required from those, thus it would be easy to both add in new mods buildings, in addition to it would significantly simplify the existing code.

5 years ago

Unfortunately, it would be difficult to "simplify" my code to "autogenerate" for other machines.
If you look into my code, I basically have to copy each of the machine I want to scale with as the base. Then have to manually modify the pipe connections, and every entry regarding pixel positions in order to display graphics correctly.
Especially for the pipe connections part, it is rather tricky to place them correctly (and fit with original machine), which I have a special calculation part for each machine that have them.
There are also some other limitation from game API. For example, the maximum number of pipe connections is 32. So you can see the nuclear reactor overtiers do not scale as "nicely" as the other machines. This further reduce the possibility of a single "autogeneration" code for all machines... My conclusion (when I first created this mod) was it would have taken me much more time to develop such a autogeneration code, than the current semi-automated code.

I didn't really try with Bob's assembling machine 6 in my game. But I guess it and other high tier machines from Angel/Bobs mod have higher crafting speed, right? There are also some "god modules" increasing crafting speed further. Since game engine introduce a hard limit of 1 crafting per tick, I guess those modded machines have much fewer need of overtiers to meet this hard limit.
I am sure I have read somewhere from forum Bob's section, where some experienced players "complained" about the production purple bar (productivity extra part) was maxed every tick, so they got ONLY 2 crafting output per tick... So these gentlemen/ladies gave me the impression that they would not need my "overtier algorithm".
Please correct me if I am wrong. For example, if Bob's assembling machine 6 + a few God module were not enough to operate at the hard speed limit.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

If you look into my code, I basically have to copy each of the machine I want to scale with as the base. Then have to manually modify the pipe connections, and every entry regarding pixel positions in order to display graphics correctly.

Yep, the definition input list of what should be supported for increasing should have the necessary information to make such adjustments.

There are also some other limitation from game API. For example, the maximum number of pipe connections is 32.

Heh, honestly didn't expect it to even be that high.

But I guess it and other high tier machines from Angel/Bobs mod have higher crafting speed, right?

Not just higher crafting speed but also occasionally different crafting lists and higher input counts (bob's re-enables assembling machines, among others, being limited in input counts again based on tier).

Since game engine introduce a hard limit of 1 crafting per tick

I though that was removed just recently (so the game now calculates extra items per tick to handle the extra missed cycles, I.E. it works as expected now), is that still the case with the current 0.17 version or were the devs only talking about that?

I am sure I have read somewhere from forum Bob's section, where some experienced players "complained" about the production purple bar (productivity extra part) was maxed every tick, so they got ONLY 2 crafting output per tick..

Yep, that was indeed an issue a bit back but I could have sworn the devs fixed that now?

EDIT: In addition, god and raw modules are disabled by default in Bob's.

5 years ago

There are also some other limitation from game API. For example, the maximum number of pipe connections is 32.

Heh, honestly didn't expect it to even be that high.

Sounds high, but actually not much when considering fluid throughput or heat transfer. That's one main reason why I have only nuclear reactor +2 but not much higher.

Since game engine introduce a hard limit of 1 crafting per tick

I though that was removed just recently (so the game now calculates extra items per tick to handle the extra missed cycles, I.E. it works as expected now), is that still the case with the current 0.17 version or were the devs only talking about that?

Can you provide any reference to confirm 0.17 has this "fixed"?
I just ran a test with my assembling machine 3 +5 and vanilla game version 0.17.17. The results said the 1 crafting/tick hard limit is still there.

Unless Bob's mod introduced some "special" script to handle that, I don't see anyway those machines can give more than 2 crafting output per tick. (Green bar fill once per tick, purple bar fill once per tick as max, so 2 crafting output per tick.)

5 years ago

Ah found it, the game actually 'banks' any productivity acquired to use in the next tick, which doesn't help when it is already faster that 1 cycle a tick. Hmm, unsure of any way to work around it without duplicating the recipes with a multiple count of inputs/outputs/timme, which could easily blow the 65k limit of recipes...

5 years ago

Well Angels has a lot of recipes that takes a lot of time, 30s is pretty routine, even multiple seconds on many smelting steps, so at the very least those would be helped.

5 years ago

Probably, the best I can do is adding a few key machines under the format of my current code.
Can you provide a list of machines from those mods that needs the scaling? Including name of machine, name of introducing mod. (e.g., "tom-assembling-machine-7" from "Tom's hardware mod".)
Still, I have to consider whether it worth spending time (both creating and maintaining) on something I probably will never use personally.

3 years ago

i have created an add-on mod that adds Bob's support to this mod, but I've not bothered for Angels' yet.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

accidentally double posted and this forum sucks and doesn't let me delete.

New response