Schall Autolinked Chest

Experimental feature, based on 1.1.0 hidden "linked-chest" prototype. Adds chests that when built next to each other, they are automatically linked to share the same inventory. Useful for belt balancing and train station wagon balancing. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
2 years ago
Logistics Storage

i [Responded] Multiple "channels" (Not my problem)

3 years ago

Would it be possibel to have multiple channels on same surface? I mean each chest in a "channel" has the same content. Because if all chests have the same content it is only slightly useful.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have had a look at the API for this purpose
My idea would be: each placed chest gets a new link_id.
for compatibility with other mods, there should be a configurable range of numbers.

3 years ago

Would it be possibel to have multiple channels on same surface? I mean each chest in a "channel" has the same content.

A link ID is exactly what you meant by a "channel", sharing the same content.

Because if all chests have the same content it is only slightly useful.

The "link chest" feature of this mod is exactly already doing this. Linking chests will set them to the same link ID, sharing the same inventory.

I have had a look at the API for this purpose

My idea would be: each placed chest gets a new link_id.

This mod already gives an unique randomized link ID to each placed chest, in case you do not yet notice.

for compatibility with other mods, there should be a configurable range of numbers.

What do you mean?
If you mean other mod chests using the same ID as mine?
Each item prototype already has its own set of 2^32 inventories. E.g., link ID = 0 of vanilla linked chest is DIFFERENT from link ID = 0 of my autolinked chest.

If you mean allowing users to configure the link ID directly (the 32 checkboxes like in vanilla linked chest GUI), it will kind of defeat the purpose of this mod. Users can just use the vanilla linked chest anyway.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

ok, then it works not as expected in my game all chest have the same content, so as they all have the the same id. except an other surface has an other link_id, also if I remove all chests and place it again, it has the same old content.
https://prnt.sc/w8d82a

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

tested with standalone mod, this looks better
https://prnt.sc/w8ds05
I will explore more why this does not work with the other saved game
[Update]
https://prnt.sc/w8fma5
Space Exploration seems to change the behavior. this is bad

3 years ago

Alright, sounds like my link ID assignment scripts have been overridden by some mod(s).
If it is the case, the only solution is to find out the responsible culprit mod(s). It is not like I can override others' override...

The entity tooltip blue text only indicates change(s) to the prototype at the data stage, but not about related script changes at control stage.
So the problem may or may not be related to SE.
(Yet I am curious what SE has to do with my new chest. Maybe just for the graphical overhaul?)

Trying with other saved games would not have differences, as still the same mod set is used.
To prove if SE (or other mods) is the cause here, you may have to enable/disable some mods, then compare the results. It would be helpful if you test with different mods enabled:
A/ This mod + SE + all other mod are you using. (Your current full set)
B/ This mod + all other mod are you using. (Disable SE)
C/ This mod only.

3 years ago

it is definitely SE because if I deactivate SE, new chests have the expected behavior.

3 years ago

No, it not graphical overhaul, it Arcolink storage. linked-container.lua and spaceship.lua

New response