Renai Transportation

Se~no to traditional belts and tiresome walking with these ridiculous ways to transport items and yourself around your factory. Features: Thrower inserters, train ramps, player launchers, bounce pads, ziplines, and more

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains

b Logistics requests lost when ziplining while crafting [Investigating πŸ”]

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

My BF and I are currently playing through the Nullius overhaul mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/nullius), with the Maximus and Momenti modpacks to manage dependencies, plus a few other QOL improvement mods tacked on, such as Plethora of Personal Logistics (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/plethora-of-personal-logistics). After having seen Renai Transportation featured on a DoshDoshington video, we were very eager to experience it ourselves, and were excited to see it included in the mod packs.

A couple of times while playing we've noticed a complete wipe of all of our personal logistics requests. At first it seemed like it happened completely at random, but often when it happened, we'd just used the zipline feature not long before we noticed the wipe. Just now, we've been able to reproduce the issue intentionally, and it seems like it happens if we're crafting while ziplining.
I have not noticed items falling on the ground myself, however this did just happen when my BF tried it.

I did see another post on here about the falling items, but not the loss of logistics requests. Is this a known bug? Any idea if this might be fixable? We really enjoy the zipline feature (going weeeeeeeh! while playing Factorio just doesn't get old), so I'd really love if we could keep doing it without having to drop everything (literally)!

Edit: I just lost my personal logistics requests again, and this time I was not crafting while ziplining. There does appear to be some correlation between crafting, ziplining and issues occurring, but I'm back to not being sure what the root cause is. If anyone has any thoughts or tips, I'd love to hear them! Save game is available upon request of course!

Edit 2: Okay, I think I may have just cracked it. If I open my character inventory (e) while ziplining, my requests reset consistently. Not sure if there are any other situations in which similar issues occur, but at least this action results in a logistics request wipe every time.

5 months ago

That's weird, the code should specifically copy all the logistics settings between ziplining but maybe that qol mod affects something about it. I don't have much time to investigate it atm but I'll keep it in mind, thanks for the report

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

When you say you open your inventory while ziplining, do you mean like this? It seems to not reset for me if I do it like this, both manual and automatic ziplining
1. Get on the zipline
2. Open inventory
3. Get off the zipline while inventory is still open

New response