Why slowly and delicately roll your items around on belts when they can be thrown at high speeds through the air? Throwers are distinguished by their bright yellow arms. Supports all inserters, even ones added from other mods. Research unlocks the ability to adjust a thrower's range. Thrown items can be caught in Open Chests or Cargo Wagons, other machines and inventories need a Hatch to accept thrown items.
Imagine "walking". Stand on a Player Launcher and press the launch key (F by default) to propel yourself into orbit. Make sure you don't land on anything important though. Use Bounce Pads to go even further.
Increase the range of your hops. Can bounce items and players further forward.
Directed Bounce Pads
Bounce items and players in a specific direction.
Director Bounce Pads
Bounces different items in different directions based on the set filter.
Blowinstall an opening onto things so items can fall into them.
Chop the top off your iron chests to catch the items you're throwing around.
Primer Bounce Pads
Prime grenades, capsules, rockets, and other items to fly much further and activate upon next landing. Switch to spread mode to bombard larger areas
Primer Thrower Inserters
A thrower/turret hybrid! This thrower can fling primable items (grenades, capsules, rockets, etc.) at enemies.
Signal Bounce Pads
Act like a Constant Combinator, but are toggled on/off when something bounces on it
Use your existing power network as a makeshift highway. Comes in different tiers with different speeds and power usage
Automatically path yourself between any 2 terminals for hands free zipline driving
River in the way of your train? Rail junctions too complicated? Just jump over them!
Magnet Train Ramps
Use powerful electromagnets to guide trains to an exact desired landing point each time regardless of speed. Uses scaling amounts of power by distance, and has a default max range of 100 tiles.
Launch a wagon full of grenades, missiles, nukes, etc. directly to their intended recipients for immediate detonation.
Impact Wagon & Impact Wagon "Unloader"
Slam this cargo wagon into a reinforced concrete block to instantly unload its entire inventory into the air.
See the FAQ for some specific details
Possible Future Additions
- School keeps me pretty busy these days and I already made all the dumb things I had in mind, so there's no plans atm to add new stuff, but feel free to leave a suggestion if you'd like, I'd love to hear them
Bugs Special Features
- Mods that allow you to walk on water make it so that items don't splash and disappear.
- Changing a thrower's pickup/drop location using another mod, like Bob's adjustable inserters, may cause strange behavior depending on the change
- Mods that use train IDs, like Logistics Train Network, probably won't work right with train jumps because trains will have a different train ID before and after jumping. Vehicle Wagons 2 being an exception because compatibility was specifically programmed in for it
- Train Ramps don't work when friendly fire is turned off because the ramps rely on the impact damage to detect and start a jump
- Magnet ramps don't have their ranges carried over in blueprints and copy/paste. It'll have to be set up manually after being built.
- Using cut/copy on a thrower and then trying to adjust its range before placement may cause crashes. At the moment I have no idea why this happens or how it differs from using Q to add the thrower ghost to hand, which works just fine with the range adjusting.
Sound effects from https://www.zapsplat.com/