Why slowly and delicately roll your items around on belts when they can be thrown at high speeds through the air? Throwers are distinguished by their bright yellow arms. Supports all inserters, even ones added from other mods. Research unlocks the ability to adjust a thrower's range. Thrown items can be caught in Open Chests or Cargo Wagons, other machines and inventories need a Hatch to accept thrown items.
Imagine "walking". Stand on a Player Launcher and press the launch key (F by default) to propel yourself into orbit. Make sure you don't land on anything important though. Use Bounce Pads to go even further.
Increase the range of your hops. Can bounce items and players further forward.
Directed Bounce Pads
Bounce items and players in a specific direction.
Blowinstall an opening onto things so items can fall into them.
Chop the top off your iron chests to catch the items you're throwing around.
Primer Bounce Pads
Prime grenades, capsules, rockets, and other items to fly much further and activate upon next landing. Switch to spread mode to bombard larger areas
Signal Bounce Pads
Act like a Constant Combinator, but are toggled on/off when something bounces on it
Use your existing power network as a makeshift highway. Consumes about half a steam engine worth of power
River in the way of your train? Rail junctions too complicated? Just jump over them! Includes scaled-up bounce pads for bouncing trains further
Magnet Train Ramps
Use powerful electromagnets to guide trains to an exact desired landing point each time regardless of speed. Uses scaling amounts of power by distance, and has a max range of 100 tiles.
Launch a wagon full of grenades, missiles, nukes, etc. directly to their intended recipients for immediate detonation.
See the FAQ for some specific details
Possible Future Additions
- Longer distance transporting methods (item cannons/fireworks/water rockets/who knows? I'm open to suggestions)
- Reverse throwers (long range pickup, nearby drop. I'm thinking maybe like a mechanical fishing rod, the trick is how to make it look cool)
- Mid air train collisions (maybe, that seems like a lot of work)
Bugs Special Features
- Mods that allow you to walk on water make it so that items don't splash and disappear.
- Changing a thrower's pickup/drop location using another mod, like Bob's adjustable inserters, may cause strange behavior depending on the change
- Modded train carriages that store data about the carriage in their own mod-specific database rather than in the carriage entity itself do not carry that information over after a jump. Vehicle Wagons 2 being an exception because compatibility was specifically programmed in for it
- Train Ramps don't work when friendly fire is turned off because the ramps rely on the impact damage to detect and start a jump
- Magnet ramps don't have their ranges carried over in blueprints and copy/paste. It'll have to be set up manually after being built.
Sound effects from https://www.zapsplat.com/