Refined Network Storage

Store, access, and transfer items/fluids digitally.

Content
a day ago
Logistics Logistic network Circuit network Storage

i Questions and Suggestions

a month ago

Awesome mods!
I found a few issues: 1. When an item is being transferred into the network using Item and Fluid IO Buses, the player cannot retrieve the item from the network inventory interface. 2. When an item is being transmitted into the network, the portable wireless grid interface will be chaotic, and the item will flash in different grids. 3. The player port module cannot be placed in the slots of some mod armor (this has not been rigorously tested).
Recommendations:1. The art style of RNS MOD doesn't need to be too much like Minecraft mod Refined Storage, I think it should be more of a factorio art style, which of course is not necessary. 2. I want to add the option to conveniently set an item within the network (such as in the network inventory interface interface) that after an item reaches the upper limit, it will not be stored in the network, just like the player's logistics interface.
The above content uses translation software, I hope you can understand it.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Issues

1. I have never heard of that issue or experienced it myself, even when testing on other players world, so I don't know if it has to do with any other mods that you may have. If possible, providing a save file would help me locate and fix the issue.

2. I will attend to the issue. And is that only happening for the Wireless Grid? Or does it do the same for the Network Interface.

3. Without a save file or what mod the armor is from, I would not know what the issue may be. If you're saying that the port doesn't work in the grid, did you make sure the shortcut button is toggled on? Similar to how you toggle on the exoskeleton or roboport.

Recomendations

1. I was not trying to have the art style similar to that of Minecraft. Even I agree that it doesn't fit the games aesthetic. The models only look that way is due to my lack of skill when it comes to texturing anything. So unless I'm able to learn how to recreate Factorio style textures or find someone to make them, the current models won't be changed.

2. While that is a good idea, it would make the interface too cluttered. There is also the Detector that outputs a signal based on the contents in the Network, to which you can connect them to the input port of the IO buses with circuit wires in order to enable/disable them from working.

a month ago

Very emotional, you updated the mod so quickly.
Question 1 I found that it may be because the number of items in the network is changing, and the items cannot be taken out well.
Question 3 This can be ignored should be because of the Ultracube MOD I use, it is not compatible with other mods.
Recommendation 2 If possible, the option to increase the maximum storage capacity of a single item in a network. This reduces the need for a lot of signal line layouts.
The new proposal is to reduce the collision volume of various ports such as input and output, and the effect is that the ports can be placed in the same compartment on the left and right sides of the cable.

Right now [ Cable Port ]
Hope [Port Cable Port]

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Recommendation 2: The base Item Drive holds a total count of 4K items, which is a little more than what a Steel Chest can hold. I kind of agree that it's a little bit small. Even if I increase the max capacity 4 times, you'd still need to have a line anyway albeit less.

Recommendation 3: I'm not sure I understand what you mean by being able to place the ports in the same compartment on the left and right sides. If you mean to ask if I can make it possible to allow the ability to add multiple IO connections to a given cable so that you can have up to 3 Item Ports on one block for instance, then I could make that happen. The main issue that I have in trying to implement that idea is it would require over 50% rewrite of the current code and it might crash existing saves because of the massive changes. There might be a way to add a legacy code to prevent it from happening but it's going to be very challenging to do. Not impossible, but extremely hard in the current state of the mod version.

a month ago

Suggestion 2: An error occurred during translation. What I mean is: in a network, you can set the maximum storage capacity of a single item. Reduces the need for extensive signal line layout.
Tip 3: It’s true. This one isn’t urgent.

建议 2: 翻译过程中出现了错误。我的意思是:在一个网络中 可以设置 单个物品 最大存储量。减少了对大量信号线路布局的需求。
建议 3:的确如此 这个并不是急需的。

a month ago

What about something like the Drive Storage Bays in Minecraft, where you can put several hard drives of various sizes into one Drive Bay, rather than having the drives themselves placed in the world individually (in MC you can do both)?

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

yea I've been working on that using a similar concept to how the new Network Interface works; because previously I needed a way to only allow the drive to take in the storage chips which isn't possible normally.

As for the 2nd suggestion, I cam add something akin to the player logistic on the Network Controller.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Hello, I'm having a new problem again. The UltracubeMOD I'm playing with right now blocks RNSMOD's technology, and I can't study the transfer rate. Can you tell me how to manually modify the transfer rate? Thank you.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

It would be nice if there was a version that could be used without research, hahaha (˵ ̄͒〰 ̄͒˵)

a month ago

It would be nice if there was a version that could be used without research, hahaha
(˵ ̄͒〰 ̄͒˵)

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Hello, I'm having a new problem again. The UltracubeMOD I'm playing with right now blocks RNSMOD's technology, and I can't study the transfer rate. Can you tell me how to manually modify the transfer rate? Thank you.

If you want to ignore the technology, just type this into the console and replace '#' with a number >= 1.
For the Item IO ==> /c __RefinedNetworkStorage__ global.IIOMultiplier = #
For the Fluid IO ==> /c __RefinedNetworkStorage__ global.FIOMultiplier = #

a month ago

It would be nice if there was a version that could be used without research, hahaha (˵ ̄͒〰 ̄͒˵)

I'll probably add a setting to have the mod available at the start with the recipes adjusted to fit.

a month ago

谢谢

New response