Refined Network Storage

Store, access, and transfer items/fluids digitally.

Content
a day ago
Logistics Logistic network Circuit network Storage

g Detectors and Item IO Buses

2 months ago

Thanks for so quickly fixing the menu error. I am on a small map currently, not long into my playthrough. I set up some IO buses on some of my machines, and they input great. But I'd rather not constantly fill my storage with every item. So I built a detector. And when I tried to wire it, I can't connect wires to the detector, or the item IO buses. What am I missing? I checked your youtube channel but didn't see anything about detectors or how to utilize them. Without being able to limit the amount that gets inputted into the network, it would force the use of the external bus, but I'd rather not use those due to the UPS hit. Thanks in advance!

2 months ago

Ok, well I feel silly now. I kept playing with it, and while you can't connect to the actual IO bus, on the cable it shows input or output, and that's where you connect them. I got it working now. Any chance the detector could detect more than 1 thing? Since you can't put a detector on an underground entrance or exit, space on your network, plus just the sheer number of needed detectors will grow exponentially.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

While I could make the Detector detect more than one thing, it would look clunky. Its supposed to be like the decider combinators except it reads from the network.

There is an alternative by setting up the detectors in a central location outputting the amount whenever the thing is above 0, and the routing the output onto the wires thats then on the power poles.

So that if you need to read an item you can just grab it from the power poles and put them into a decider combinator or to the IO bus. This way you only need one for each type.

2 months ago

After using it for a few hours, having the detector detect one thing at a time is fine. It wasn't that bad to use. What was VERY much worse was after I started to get multiple systems using the system, most of what I produced just poofed into the void. I'm currently looking at a production of say, copper wire of 456/m, with a consumption of 144/m, yet the RSN shows no copper wire, and I cannot see it GO anywhere. it just poofs. I'm still troubleshooting and trying to see if I Can figure out what is happening.

2 months ago

What. That doesn't sound right at all. If you provide a save file I can probably figure out the issue because this is the first time something this crazy happened.

2 months ago

Ok, I think part of it is I did not realize exactly HOW energy hungry the network gets. Trying to fix the power issue first.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Nah, I tryed that too but it's still there. I think the Item bus is removing the item even if it can't insert into any inventory. This might be the cause to another issue by another person.

And i found an issue when deleting an underground so that's something as well.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Ah, I see the problem. It starts to delete stuff when trying to insert into an assembler with more than one item type...

Let me try to fix that.

2 months ago

You are awesome. I was starting to think I was losing it. I will say that I fixed the power, and let it run for a little bit, and it has stabilized. it seems to get VERY unhappy when it can fill some but not all of the ingredients. once it can't do that, oh boy.

2 months ago

Posted the fixed version just now.

2 months ago

Just updated, I'll test it out now. I can reproduce it pretty easily.

2 months ago

Ok, that looks really good. It no longer appears to eat things when it can't fill in all ingredients. Thank you! if I find anything else I'll post it.

New response