Refined Network Storage

Store, access, and transfer items/fluids digitally.

Content
a day ago
Logistics Logistic network Circuit network Storage

g Item output

2 months ago

Great mod - I love RS in Minecraft...Have been looking for a really good analog for Factorio, so thank you!

My question is: Is it possible to use the Item IO bus to output directly into a building? (So, instead of Item Bus -> Chest -> Assembly machine we skip the chest...) I can't seem to get it to work. If I have a building down, nothing is output...if I replace the building with a chest, it starts to work.

Also, when I open the interface for the Item bus, it shows two slots for filters, but only one seems to work...Once I close the interface the second clears itself. Is this intentional or a bug?

Thanks!

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Yea, its supposed to work directly with buildings, idk why it doesn't. Im speculating it might be due to v1.0.3 that broke something since a lot of the recent bugs are cause by that. As for the second filter clearing itself, that is certainly a bug.

I'm actually in the middle of doing a rewrite on the buses and drives. So this issue should be fixed in the next update.

2 months ago

Excellent, thank you!

While you're deep in coding, may I propose a suggestion? It would be amazing if we could see how much of the total connected storage is take up...So, if we have drives with a total of 100k storage, and we have 64k in the system, the Network Inventory Interface could have a bar with 64%, and CurrentItemNumber/TotalItemNumber

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Yea, I've though about that before. Its easy to do for the drives since I already know the amount, it's the external inventories that get a bit tricky because not every item have the same stack size so determining how filled it is is somewhat of a challenge. Idk though, I can try to come up with something because it would be useful to know.

2 months ago

Oh, I wasn't even thinking about general External storage...I was just thinking of drives. :)

New response