Refined Network Storage

Store, access, and transfer items/fluids digitally.

Content
a day ago
Logistics Logistic network Circuit network Storage

g Help

4 months ago

Could you do a small write up on how to get the different i/o to work? I can't figure out how to get i/o to work. Do I need to use circuits? how do i set the interfaces etc. Thank you

2 months ago

same.
would some1 be so kind to explain to me how this actually works? much love, very curious

2 months ago

Like a write up of everything or just the main components? Would you prefer a youtube tutorial or just some pictures explaining it?

2 months ago

I spend 3h to figure some functionalities out. and at least I have now one circuit ^^

but what the other components are for and how to use them and what best practices there are and so on. would be awesome. really like the idea of this mod.
I'm fine with every media :D as long as I can learn something :))

a month ago

Okay. Then I can assume the crafting recipes don't need to be covered? Or should they be?

a month ago

those are all good, I guess.
thanks <3

a month ago

So, I personally have found these:

The mod is still a bit janky, but it's probably the best one like this out there (Good Work, Nindy...Thank you.) Hopefully these tips will help you:

• I find that sometimes output into a building directly doesn't work. Instead, output into a chest.
  • The first filter slot will work, but the second one doesn't really. So, if a building requires 3 items for a craft, I put done one just with 3 inserter buses on them. I use a circuit from the chest to the I/0, and set the active setting to like 100 items or 1 stack of an item, so one inserter bus doesn't fill up the whole chest.
  • Same thing with the fluid buses...sometimes they don't work directly into/out of a building, so I put one pipe down to help, and that seems to work.

• To save some space in my network, I will put down an import bus, and one of the detectors? (sorry, dont have the game open right now), and run a wire from the detector to the importer. I set the detector to output a specific signal if, lets say, I have 100k or fewer iron plates it outputs a 1. Then the importer bus I have set to active if the detectors signal is 1. So, if I have fewer than 100k iron plates in my network, then the detector will output a 1, and the importer will import from the chest that my plates are going into.

I'll post more as I think of them :)

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Wait, so you're saying that the output of the Item bus doesn't work directly with buildings and the second filter slot doesn't work either? Same thing with the Fluid bus? And you're using the latest version being v1.0.11? Because those should've been fixed...

a month ago

I'll double check, but yes, (at least for the version you posted yesterday...I hadn't updated to the one you just posted yet).

I tried outputting directly to a building. I had two item busses, one with two filters, one with one. The bus with one filter worked, the other one didn't. Oddly enough, even when I set it to one filter it still didn't work. I had to revert back to my intermediate chest trick.

As far as fluids go, I need to play more with this. When I loaded your latest version (as of last night), my fluid "transfer" networks needed me to pull up all of my pipes and replace them to get them working again...So, there's lots of little oddities that happen...I can pay more more attention to them, and give you save snapshots with the problem right when I notice them, if you want...

a month ago

Yea, that would be great cuz that's super odd.

a month ago

Okay, I just found an issue with the External bus on the fluid type not registering the fluid in the tank so I got that upcoming fixed.

a month ago

I posted the YouTube link on the front page.

New response