Lunar Landings

A small overhaul which expands the factory onto Nauvis' moon: Luna.

Overhaul
16 days ago
Logistics Environment Mining Manufacturing

g help with Arcfurance heat

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Hi,
i am near launching the interstellar rocket, but i still can't handle the heat of the arc furnace. They still get blocked by heat. Do you have an Idea how to fix this? Is there a good way to dump heat? I tried heatpipes with heatexhangers and steamturbines. With this way the heat dump depends on the usage of the powergrid. Do i need to setup a way of switching my solarpanels on and off, depending on the chargelevel of my accumulators or something like that? Is this even possible?

edit: super mod btw.!

a month ago

Hey!
The suggested method is to indeed to use heat pipes with heat exchangers and steam turbines (and steam condensers to recover most of the water!). This works better when you are already using nuclear power on Luna, because it is pretty easy to prioritise steam from the arc furnace heat over steam from the reactor heat using a simple circuit condition on a pump. If you are using solar power, then yes it is a bit trickier, but still definitely possible using a circuit connected to a power switch. Maybe have it disable the power switch (thereby disconnecting the solar panels and accumulators) if there is more than X steam in your tanks? For ideal behaviour I think you'd need something called an RS latch (https://wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Circuit_network_cookbook#Backup_steam_example). Feel free to head to my discord if you want to discuss further with other players :)

New response