Lunar Landings

A small overhaul which expands the factory onto Nauvis' moon: Luna.

Overhaul
16 days ago
Logistics Environment Mining Manufacturing

b [Fixed-1.0.14] Version 1.0.11 Crash second rocket

2 months ago

Hi !
the game crash when I put my second satellite in the rocket towards Luna Surface.
I tested 5 times, 5 times of factorio

Thanks for your help

2 months ago

I can confirm this report - factorio doesn't crash, but it enters an infinite loop and becomes unresponsive. To reproduce:

1. Launch the first rocket with a satellite in the inventory, destination 'Space'
  2. Do NOT research Luna Exploration. The moon surface is not generated, and 'N' does nothing.
  3. Launch a second rocket with a satellite in the inventory, destination 'Luna Surface'

Suggested fix: Do not provide 'Luna Surface' as a Destination in the silo settings drop-down box, until Luna Exploration is researched and the moon's surface is generated.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

I can confirm this report - factorio doesn't crash, but it enters an infinite loop and becomes unresponsive. To reproduce:

1. Launch the first rocket with a satellite in the inventory, destination 'Space'
  2. Do NOT research Luna Exploration. The moon surface is not generated, and 'N' does nothing.
  3. Launch a second rocket with a satellite in the inventory, destination 'Luna Surface'

Suggested fix: Do not provide 'Luna Surface' as a Destination in the silo settings drop-down box, until Luna Exploration is researched and the moon's surface is generated.

Can confirm, this is exactly how it happened to me too, you can reproduce it this way.

Thank you for telling me how to fix it with the research :)

17 days ago

Thank you for the detailed reproduction steps. I've now fixed this (although I think it will still crash if you do that in a save started before 1.0.14).

New response