Lunar Landings

A small overhaul which expands the factory onto Nauvis' moon: Luna.

Overhaul
16 days ago
Logistics Environment Mining Manufacturing

b Crash on placing mass driver cannon

3 months ago

Hi. Great mod. Been hooked on it for well over a week now.

Minor bug crash today; having researched mass driver, I built the blue mass driver requester chests and the mass driver cannon.

Placing mass driver requester chests went OK, but trying to place the mass driver cannon, I got the below crash, on both version 1.0.7 and 1.0.11

(On a MacBook Pro playing through Steam in case that could be pertinent info).

Hope this is of any help.

The mod Lunar Landings (1.0.7) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event LunarLandings::on_built_entity (ID 6)
Unknown entity name: ll-mass-driver-energy-source
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity'
LunarLandings/scripts/mass-driver.lua:159: in function 'handler'
core/lualib/event_handler.lua:47: in function <core/lualib/event_handler.lua:45>

The mod Lunar Landings (1.0.11) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event LunarLandings::on_built_entity (ID 6)
Unknown entity name: ll-mass-driver-energy-source
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity'
LunarLandings/scripts/mass-driver.lua:160: in function 'handler'
core/lualib/event_handler.lua:47: in function <core/lualib/event_handler.lua:45>

--

3 months ago

Hey, thanks for the report. I can't reproduce it myself though, so would you be able to send me a list of mods, or even better your save that I can sync mods with?

3 months ago

I had quite a few more mods enabled than I remembered, so I bisected it manually; turns out it is caused by the Pacifist mod... which makes sense since the mass driver seems based on the artillery cannon.

Now the question becomes; can I live without the Pacifist mod?

3 months ago

The mass driver is actually just a requester chest with the graphics of an artillery cannon. But it also has a hidden entity which manages the power input, which is a laser turret. That's the thing that Pacifist is removing. I can't see a way to easily stop Pacifist from removing it, but it would be very easy to add compatibility on their side, just send the author a link to this crash report and tell them to whitelist ll-mass-driver-energy-source entity :)

3 months ago

Thanks for figuring it out - it should indeed be an easy fix. I'll be adding a feature and instructions for other mods to add compatibility, too, it's been on my TODO list for a while.

New response