Orbital Ion Cannon (SE Edition)

When you need to call down the thunder to deal with those pesky biters, launch a rocket with an ion cannon into orbit and show the bugs who's boss. Now compatible with the planets and moons from Space Exploration.

Content
11 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g [TODO] Modded radars that just provide vision no auto target?

4 months ago

It appears that its not working? It has multiple nests in vision.

Its mod that adds vision radars from 1-3MK

4 months ago

As it currently works nests are autotargeted when a radar scans a chunk that isn't visible. I would recommend setting up radars with vision of just your base so that they can scan nests outside it. What mod are you using?

4 months ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/KetsRadars

Its the deal that its not scanning chunks. Consuming less UPS

3 months ago

I want to say I was mildly dissapointed to find out it doesn't work on simply vision alone, as I use scanner satellites that provide permanent vision over selected chunks, but I suppose it is understandable, I assume checking constantly would cause some additional UPS impact, so whether or not there will be an update with option to enable that, I enjoy the mod eitherway and glad it's still being supported.

The scanner satellite mod in question, if context needed: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/orbital-scanner

3 months ago

Most likely this uses a an event that happens when new chunk is loaded. He could probably add a separate button of making a list of all nests in vision.

3 months ago

Destroy all visible nests manually, new ones will be recognized automatically (if researched and enabled)
Orbital Ion Cannon is already overpowered, if it were to destroy visible existing nests as well, you wouldn't have to do anything yourself and could play without enemies ;-)

3 months ago

If you are playing with rampant and planet has 100% biters spread and you have to manage multiple planets its not fun every 5 minutes going to randomly shoot a nest on some planet. What if you missed some?

Whats the point of that research if it requires me to use less UPS friendly radar? Might as well just not bother and plague the planet.

3 months ago

Existing UPS effizient features:
a) NEW nests are found in visible sectors!
b) Nests are found in NEW sectors that are uncovered by a radar!

If you do not have a radar that scans sectors, then (b) does not work and is the reason why your radar is more UPS efficiency. it simply disables features.

You are requesting a time consuming function that is less UPS efficient than a scaning radar because my mod would have to rescan ALL visible sectors periodically! even if nothing has changed.
To be UPS efficient, I need a trigger to react to something NEW.
Existing triggers are
a) new nest (in visible sector) -> add ONE nest.
b) new sector visible -> scan ONE sector

3 months ago

How bothersome would it be to add a manual button to nest rescan the entire visible area? Perhaps with a mention that it will eat through UPS for a bit as it iterates through all of it, for cases like this.
This way there is no additional constant UPS load and players that don't use radar scanning for their reasons can still benefit from autofire.

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

The UI is very old code. und I don't want to touch that, because it takes a lot of time once you get started.
but I think I can give you a console command that fulfills the same purpose

TODO: console command: rescan

3 months ago

Hmm Im pretty sure they did not infact shoot any expansions I had while playing with rampant fixed.

Might be wrong tho. Do you need access to rampants events to shoot the nest?

3 months ago

@Zeitheare; Unfortunately, I don't quite understand what you mean.

New response