Gun Equipment

Mode add automatic guns applyable to equipment grid. Mode was originaly contained in Coal Powered mode and was extracted because of possible complexity.

Content
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

i Nerf needed

1 year, 9 months ago

Hi, firstly love the mod! It has become a staple for me each run. Works great with vanilla, SE and some modded ammo mags. But for balance reasons, I think it's kinda OP atm.

For context, my latest run is SE+K2, and Gun Turret ignores the KS Combat / K2 MRW mechanics and doesn't miss unlike K2 gun turrets. Bullet projectiles are also not real objects. Also, I see a pretty high rate of fire and with the buffed ammo (K2 buffs ammo damage and range I believe), it's easy to clear a decent sized nest with just modular armour with one gun equipment in it.

Here's a few suggestions that I could come up with. You can either:
- Scale rate of fire with damage to ensure consistent DPS
- Use the mod-specific gun mechanics to ensure balance, maybe even nerf it relative to K2 guns when K2 is installed (since it's portable - more akin to a shoulder-mounted SMG than a turret)
- Disallow gun equipment placement in personal armour altogether. This would introduce the challenge of maintaining vehicles and repairing on the battlefield.

Cheers!

1 year, 9 months ago

Hi,
I made a mod based on Zdenek's idea
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/TurretPod
it has some changes for things you wrote about. Concerning KS combat it was discussed a lot in K2 github - very specific feature, making game boring after some time. K2 is mod for itself, changing too many game aspects, it doesn't play well with Rampant new enemies and many other mods. But you can focus on shotgun turret pods - they miss in native way according to Factorio vanilla logics. ;-)

1 year, 7 months ago

Hi,
this mod was not tested on all big game changing modes, only on Coal Powered, which was originater because of missing electricity.

Thanks for ideas.

New response