Freight Forwarding

A small overhaul with a focus on long-distance logistics variety. Transport containerized items across land and sea using trains and ships! First, venture to the edge of your starting island using trains to find lead, then set sail for offshore oil using tanker ships, dredge metallic nodules from the seabed, and recover titanium from other islands. Finally you'll be transporting materials to faraway lava pools to smelt titansteel, an essential ingredient in rocket parts.

Overhaul
a month ago
Logistics Trains Environment

g [Feedback] Inbalanced resources on the default settings

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

I generated the map with defeault Island Start settings and, after spending ~300h on it, noticed that some resources are presented in a quantities highly superior to their demand while lacking the some other resources.

Too Little

Lava Pools

Lava pools is my biggest concern as they are extemely rare and have very slow Titansteel production speed -- you need 64 of them to reach only 500 SPM, counting the 4x Prod3 in the rocket silo. I have a total of 38 big lava pools on the 4 closest major islands (not counting smaller ones or the starting one). Plus on top, unlike other limited resources, lava pools can't benefit from neither mining producivity, modules, or beacons.

Too Frequent

Rocket Silo Holes

Their number is balanced with the number of Iron/Copper, but not with the number of lava pools. I have a cluster of 3 close on the one of these 4 mentioned islands, and discovered 3 more nearby.

Stone

I'm 300 hours in the game and still using the starting stone patch. I've mined it all and packaged to containers. I have 187 of them somewhere in the logistics network. I mined only about 1M more from other islands, and majority of it is containerized somewhere. The main source of it are: cobalt dredging, titansteel processing, and rocks from Alien Biomes mod. And yes, my base is all paved in concrete and/or refined concrete.

Lead

Lead demand in the main production chain is minimal. It's so little that you need the same number of Uranium ore miners as Lead miners if you discard all the Lead generated from Cobalt processing which you shouldn't. And lead is almost as frequent as Iron and more frequent than Copper. The only time I went low on Lead (after the initial quest to the transportaiton science, ofc -- and when it's not clocked up by the copper) was when I noticed my big electric pole assembler went rogue and did produce 66 THOUSAND of them.

Oil

The only reason to expand on different oil rigs is to reduce shipment time. Currently, I use only two clusters, and they are always full.

Just as needed

Seamount

According to my calculator, you need ~9 rigs per 500 SPM. Looks like them are present in the correct ammount.

Coal

It exists. When you need coal, you need coal. A lot. When you don't, it exists.

Copper & Iron

The mod hardly reduces demand on steel by using Titanium instead of it. Looks like on default, Iron is more frequent compared to Copper. Either way, both are present in OK numbers.

Titanium & Uranium

They are perect.

New response