Freight Forwarding

A small overhaul with a focus on long-distance logistics variety. Transport containerized items across land and sea using trains and ships! First, venture to the edge of your starting island using trains to find lead, then set sail for offshore oil using tanker ships, dredge metallic nodules from the seabed, and recover titanium from other islands. Finally you'll be transporting materials to faraway lava pools to smelt titansteel, an essential ingredient in rocket parts.

Overhaul
a month ago
Logistics Trains Environment

g Suggestion: Magazine stack sizes

2 months ago

Hi, I’m currently playing the Freight Forwarding modpack, and I’m having a lot of fun. One suggestion I have, though, is to omit magazines from stack size changes – or at least only for gun turrets. It’s a small problem, but personally I find that turrets only being able to hold 100 magazines makes the game a fair bit more difficult, especially early game when you don’t have belts feeding turrets ammunition. And I typically have turrets all over the place, many of which aren’t belt-fed, so having magazine stack sizes be 100 means I have to refill them double as often. I would like the magazines to stack to 200 just like they do in vanilla. The stack size reductions in Freight Forwarding exist to promote the use of containers, but you don’t typically transport magazines via trains – at least not until the mid- to late-game when you’ve got supply trains, so I don’t think having them stack to 200 like in vanilla would negatively impact the gameplay in any way.

New response