Freight Forwarding

A small overhaul with a focus on long-distance logistics variety. Transport containerized items across land and sea using trains and ships! First, venture to the edge of your starting island using trains to find lead, then set sail for offshore oil using tanker ships, dredge metallic nodules from the seabed, and recover titanium from other islands. Finally you'll be transporting materials to faraway lava pools to smelt titansteel, an essential ingredient in rocket parts.

Overhaul
a month ago
Logistics Trains Environment

b Mining Prod on Dredgers

3 months ago

Hi Xorimuth!

Love your modpack and especially the container mechanics!
I've noticed that mining productivity doesnt apply to the dredging platforms even though it says in the bonuses that it should.
Or is there just no productivity bar on that machine?

Could you maybe reconsider adding a way to speed up dredgers?
If you want to make a 1000spm you need 18 platforms as of right now, which might still be possible but already it takes me like 3min to join on a multiplayer server because of mapsize.

Thanks!

Kaikatana

3 months ago

Hi,
The reason I don’t want mining prod to work with dredgers is because the ratios are carefully designed, and if their output increased, it would break, and eventually you wouldn’t be able to fit enough infra on the platform anyway.

I think the solution is to add an alternative lategame dredger recipe which consumes lots of ‘something’ (mining fluid/equipment) that outputs a lot more nodules, but consumes a lot of iron/copper (which are themselves affected by mining prod ofc).

3 months ago

Thanks!
A more intense recipe could alleviate the issue.
Maybe one could use plutonium as RTGs in the recipe or maybe for processing the crusts more efficiently.
As of right now there are no good sinks for plutonium if you go MOX-Power.
At some point it accumulates in chests.

New response