Freight Forwarding

A small overhaul with a focus on long-distance logistics variety. Transport containerized items across land and sea using trains and ships! First, venture to the edge of your starting island using trains to find lead, then set sail for offshore oil using tanker ships, dredge metallic nodules from the seabed, and recover titanium from other islands. Finally you'll be transporting materials to faraway lava pools to smelt titansteel, an essential ingredient in rocket parts.

Overhaul
a month ago
Logistics Trains Environment

b No mining productivity for dredging platforms

5 months ago

Hello,
The mining productivity research lists dredging platforms as being affected by mining productivity, but that is not the case. The seamount says "mining productivity: 220%" but once I place the platform there is no productivity bonus listed in the description. I built a 600 spm megabase, but cobalt processing is a huge bottleneck because of the slow dredging speed which cannot be upgraded. I understand that the limited space on the dredging platforms is supposed to be a tricky logistic puzzle in the midgame, but it makes it impossible to build an endgame megabase. Using seamounts for infinite iron or copper is not even an option because I need all of them for cobalt. Overall I really enjoyed the modpack but I'm not having fun anymore because of this issue.

New response