Freight Forwarding

A small overhaul with a focus on long-distance logistics variety. Transport containerized items across land and sea using trains and ships! First, venture to the edge of your starting island using trains to find lead, then set sail for offshore oil using tanker ships, dredge metallic nodules from the seabed, and recover titanium from other islands. Finally you'll be transporting materials to faraway lava pools to smelt titansteel, an essential ingredient in rocket parts.

Overhaul
a month ago
Logistics Trains Environment

g [Resolved] Rocket Fuel for Trains

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

I was extremely surprised to discover that basic trains can't use Rocket Fuel (after finishing completely automated rocket fuel delivery to all transportation vehicles in the network and crafting about 1.7k of them, of course).
Neither the game nor mod descption says so. Everything other in the game can use rocket fuel, but these trains cannot.
This seems odd to me.

5 months ago

Thanks for the feedback. The tech description does say "Battery-powered trains..." and the tech's position in the tech tree hopefully hints at that as well. Maybe I should rename "Locomotive" to "Electric locomotive"?

5 months ago

there also is a setting for the mod in startup I believe (or map settings can't remember) to revert the locomotives to use normal fuel for older saves.

5 months ago

there also is a setting for the mod in startup I believe (or map settings can't remember) to revert the locomotives to use normal fuel for older saves.

The fact they unlock so late in the game hints the advanced trains are different and use other types of fuel. But the basic ("mini") trains are built differently, they are unlocked when the trains are normally unlocked, and they use burnable fuel as the trains normally do, thus I was confused.

New response