Freight Forwarding

A small overhaul with a focus on long-distance logistics variety. Transport containerized items across land and sea using trains and ships! First, venture to the edge of your starting island using trains to find lead, then set sail for offshore oil using tanker ships, dredge metallic nodules from the seabed, and recover titanium from other islands. Finally you'll be transporting materials to faraway lava pools to smelt titansteel, an essential ingredient in rocket parts.

Overhaul
a month ago
Logistics Trains Environment

g Floating electric poles?

10 months ago

Greetings,
In one of the menu simulations there is a floating electric pole.
I wanted to use it in my game to make harbors a bit easier to power.
I couldn't find the item in my game, research nor in the settings.
Is either one of them an error?
Should it be presented in the menu if it wouldn't be available in game?
Or should it actually be enabled?

10 months ago

It is correct that they are not supposed to be accessible when playing Freight Forwarding. They are added by the Cargo Ships mod, but FF deliberately removes them so that you use other methods of transporting power between islands. They were mistakenly included in the menu simulation by the person that made them, I'll have a look and try to remove them from there as well.

10 months ago

so i guess we need to ask the cargo ships mod dev to add an option to only build them in shallow water, then ^,,^'

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

Any chance of getting them as a mod option to enable them but restrict to not deep water? I tweaked my local copy by adding a 'compatibility/cargo-ships/data.lua' and added the deep_water_mask collision mask like you did with beautiful bridges and seems to work fine for me so far.

10 months ago

What’s the use for that? I could, but I don’t really want loads of unnecessary/confusing things, and you can always just landfill+pole it.

10 months ago

For me personally it just feels better / aesthetics. For example, do we really need bridge rails if we can just landfill and use regular rails? I have no problem making my own tweaks too since I might be in the minority. I just think it looks cooler ¯_(ツ)_/¯

10 months ago

For me personally it just feels better / aesthetics. For example, do we really need bridge rails if we can just landfill and use regular rails? I have no problem making my own tweaks too since I might be in the minority. I just think it looks cooler ¯\(ツ)/¯

10 months ago

For me personally it just feels better / aesthetics. For example, do we really need bridge rails if we can just landfill and use regular rails? I have no problem making my own tweaks too since I might be in the minority. I just think it looks cooler ¯\(ツ)/¯

Fair enough. I do already think that having bridges even though they are counter to the focus of the mod is a bit weird, but once a player realises that they are only for niche situations since they can't be placed on deep water, I really like having them in. Yes I suppose the floating poles would be the same, I guess I should add them back.

New response