Freight Forwarding

A small overhaul with a focus on long-distance logistics variety. Transport containerized items across land and sea using trains and ships! First, venture to the edge of your starting island using trains to find lead, then set sail for offshore oil using tanker ships, dredge metallic nodules from the seabed, and recover titanium from other islands. Finally you'll be transporting materials to faraway lava pools to smelt titansteel, an essential ingredient in rocket parts.

Overhaul
a month ago
Logistics Trains Environment

b [Fixed-1.3.2] Biters killed my lava pools?

1 year, 2 months ago

Enjoying the mod so far, but I think I've got myself solflocked at Titansteel.

I'd been building quite slowly, and so once I scouted some lava pools, they were in biter-controlled territory so I make a note on the map and came back.

Having now just liberated the area with Combat Aircraft I saw some unexpected item has been destroyed alerts, which among them I saw 'Lava Pool'.

Did biters kill them, or explosive missle spam? They still show on the map and minimap like crude oil seeps, but there's nothing to interact with them now.

Is this a bug, or do I need to use some overlooked item to open them up?

Thanks in advance, and for the mod.

Started the save with 1.0.0 and have followed all the updates to 1.3.1, using the full Pack, in case thiat helps.

1 year, 2 months ago

Ooooo no that's not supposed to happen! Could have been biters or missiles, yes, I'll definitely need to fix that! For your save I'd recommend respawning them with Editor mode (/editor) - if you place them from the 'resource' tab, then they will randomly become a big or small lava pool, if you place them from the 'entity' tab, you can choose which one you want where. Or use a delete-chunk tool (various mods available) on them, and hopefully they will reappear when you re-explore those chunks. Although with yesterdays resource spawning changes, they might no longer spawn in the same place, so idk if this will work. Always good to keep a copy of the save before doing anything!

If you'd like to discuss this, or other mod feedback, feel free to do so on my discord server: https://discord.gg/pkJc4v9nfT

1 year, 2 months ago

Fixed in v1.3.2 so lava pools can't be destroyed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

1 year, 2 months ago

Thanks for the quick reposnse, but I think there's still something a little wrong.

Flying over a nest to trigger an attack I'm still seeing some losses from the pools - looking at the production tab under Kills/Losses I see that's identfied as ff-lava-light, so maybe that's a compund entity and one got missed?

1 year, 2 months ago

Yes, I realised after releasing that maybe the light would still be problematic. It doesn’t really matter, if just means your lava pools won’t glow at night… I’m planning to improve the lava light/glow soon anyway, and I’ll be deleting the light entity then, so not a big deal in the meantime. I just need to finish the final planned feature (ocean platforms dredging polymetallic nodules for infinite ores and cobalt), then I’ll move into some more polish including things like this.

2 months ago

Hm, this may be related to the issue I reported recently.

New response