Food Industry (2.0 beta)

by Oceanel

[Warning (!): Mod is still under development, and is not intended for a long game] This mod adds hunger and ways to produce foods and drinks. From grown foods can be obtained effect capsules.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

g Recipe question

3 years ago

Hi,

First of all I wanted to say how great I find this mod. And I want to praise this mod. There is so much work in here, it is amazing ... I also noticed this when I personally wrote a German localization for myself. I worked on it for 3 days ...

Now to my real question:
When I research "automation", I also unlock the "Burner food picker" and the "Burner fishing inserter".
I can also build the "Burner fishing inserter".
BUT the "Burner food picker" cannot be built because it still needs the fruit scissors. But I can only unlock it with the blue research packages.
This is confusing ... If that is correct, shouldn't the "Burner food picker" also be unlockable with the blue research packages? Or does the "Burner food picker" have a small recipe error here? After all, that's the "primitive" inserter.
And when I unlock the fruit scissors, you don't need the "Burner food picker" anymore. Then we already have the electrical "Food picker".
I would not classify the fruit scissors as a high-tier technology ... So, just my opinion.

greetings
Illyria

Addendum:

I don't know if that's relevant. But I play with a big mod package.
Amongst other things:
Krastorio 2
Space exploration
Bio Industries
AAI Industries, etc. And many others ...

And I plan to use this mod in the long term. I find the hunger system appropriate and interesting.

3 years ago

Hi! Glad you liked it.

Fruit scissors unlocks with "Trees growing 1" tech, wich require only food-science-packs.
https://imgur.com/a/2EqZeZ4

Space exploration mod affects this. I checked.

3 years ago

Hi.

Thank you for your message.
The Space Exploration Mod makes these problems?
That's annoying ... Especially since the food industry research, as you said yourself, is based on its own research packages.
Then I assume that there is a similar problem with the Pure Water. I have unlocked the burner cooker. But I still have no way to get water into the cooker.
At least I need "Automation 2". Because with the help of the "assembly machine 2" I get water over the flask into the cooker.

Can you adjust the compatibility? I don't want to do without your mod ...
But I don't want to do without space exploration either.
I love Factorio with a huge range of functions, research and technologies ...

What I also wanted to say ...
I think the idea of ​​the cattle, cows in the form of bites, disgusting but cool! Somehow it fits. You eat the alien vegetaion of the planet to survive ... I like it!
Assume that a person ever falls on an alien planet where there is life, if it were only logical, he would have to eat the vegetation there to survive. I hope you don't change this graphic. The term "calf" also fits the young biter.

Anyway ... I just hope you can solve the conflict with the recipes.

3 years ago

I have now attached a screenshot from my game.
That's what it looks like with the fruit scissors for me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uxPZD5yR2pT9YfSD2Cxwz9-Ad8qpn7FH/view?usp=sharing

I'm afraid this recipe problem is not the only thing ... Almost all food industry research does not work via its own research packages. The cattle feeder doesn't work either. The calf says "need straw". And I put three stacks of straw in the feeder. But the calves do not grow and the straw is not used up.
See photo 2.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fR8OXSIytTsKHkv-KUNeVs1A277txsdM/view?usp=sharing

Crazyly, some research even requires the endgame research packs.
See photo 3.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iK5iWxh73MMR2l1sgK1qkZZz7RO-RVgh/view?usp=sharing

I hope you can do something with the screenshots and fix the bugs.

As I mentioned at the beginning, your mod complements this game. It brings challenges.

3 years ago

Ok, I'll see what can be done.

Sometimes, finding compatibility with mods takes longer than developing the mod itself.

3 years ago

I believe you about that ...

I'm currently testing creatively with only a few mods how the Cattle Breeder works. But the cattle feeder doesn't work. You will not be fed. They don't grow.
Or am I missing something?
And how does the food picker work? I put it on an orange tree. Whether a wild orange tree or an orange tree planted by me. He does nothing ...
And a normal left click with the fruit scissors does nothing.
Or does that not work creatively?

If I operate the mod incorrectly, please explain it to me ...

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Fruit scissors and food picker not working yet, they broke in one of the updates.
Growing trees will be redone, and I’m thinking how to use the fruit picking. I have some cool ideas, but to realize them I need to study and understand a lot.

Now, to get fruit, it’s enough to plant a tree, wait until it grows and fruits appear on it, and then cut it down (you can use a mining capsule for speed).

3 years ago

Is of course unfortunate if the mod has some problems. At least now I know that I'm not stupid. xD
Yes, that's how I had done it before. Tree planted, maintained and harvested. The mining capsule was very helpful ...
Until you have repaired the mod, I will only eat makeshift food in the game.
I have enough apples, oranges, cucumbers and tomatoes.
Just so far not so lucky to find the 8 potatoes and 5 salads needed for the basic farmland. ^^
But that sounds promising with your ideas ...
I'm curious. :)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Fixed cattles on 1.8.128, update it.
(!) Attention: need rebuild all "cattle-spawner" and "cattle-grabber" for its working!

3 years ago

Ah, great! I'll test that out tonight. I'm also curious about the new features you've added ...

3 years ago

The mistakes are actually gone!
The alien cattles are now growing out and are being processed into meat. :D
Only the research "Tree growing" I could not research because of the blue bottles ... :/
But the fruit scissors haven't been fixed yet, have they?

I have an idea. What do you think of (alien) bananas?
Soymilk is already in your mod, right?
Oh well. Bananas are healthy. Consist of 74% water, 20% carbohydrates, 1.2% protein and 0.2% fat. Just the thing for your mod package!
And what does banana with milk result in? Exactly! Banana shake! <3
Or: cocoa beans! Also very healthy. Even edible raw ...
And cocoa with milk make chocolate ... :D

Speaking of milk. Are you planning to install some kind of milk collector for the cattle shed?
Connected to the liquid storage tank for liquid food, the milked milk could be stored.
Granted ... would be weird ... Milking aliens ... xD But also funny!

Your mod is compatible with Alien Biomes, correct?
Cocoa grows in tropical areas. Bananas, similar to coconuts in warm areas.
(Well, at least I think so ...)

What do you think of my ideas?
I just think your mod is awesome! And I hope you take care of it and expand it ...

My German translations for your mod are not perfect, and I have to revise them later ... But if you are interested, you can have the translations.
I also translate all subsequent updates. I have already translated the last one, with the dough.
I can't mod, but I'm happy to help ...

3 years ago

But the fruit scissors haven't been fixed yet, have they?

Nope.

What do you think of my ideas?

I appreciate any ideas. It’s boring to invent it yourself.
If you're interested, I wrote a lot of ideas here https://trello.com/b/3hxmNe2Y/food-industry, over time, I change them, redo them under the capabilities of Factorio. It's just a "Board of Ideas" for FI.

Plants/trees: sugarcane, coffee, tea, banana, pineapple and other.
Drinks: cola-with-sugar (sugar-free), fanta, energy-drink, absolute-alcohol, brewing-beer, vine, mineral-water...
Plenty of food...
I thought about it too, how to tie with the style of the Factorio, balance it. But I realized that playing with 100 equally cultivated plants is not interesting than with 10 completely different.

My German translations for your mod are not perfect, and I have to revise them later ... But if you are interested, you can have the translations.

Yes. I would love to add its.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Your mod is compatible with Alien Biomes, correct?

It serves for FI only as a decoration. The Food Industry does not check where the plant grows, but in the future I planned to do, how it was partially implemented in Bio_Industries mod.

3 years ago

Hi. I greet you.

Wasn't there for a long time. Sorry.
A lot to do at the moment. Had no way to play Factorio.
I will send you the German translation in due time. As soon as I have the time, I will adapt the translation of your current mod version.
Only that could take some time. Have a lot of stress in private life at the moment ...
But it would be a great pleasure for me to contribute to the development of your mod.

3 years ago

I greet you

I worked on the german locale again. And your current mod integrated.
I still have to test them extensively and check for errors. If everything goes well, I can make them available to you shortly.

Or do you have current updates planned? Then I would also integrate this into the translation beforehand.

What else interests me ... The Fruit Scissor.
I know you haven't fixed the research package bug yet. That's not what it's about for me.
But is the fruit scissor working again now?

When I'm at it ...
Can you give me some advice on how to get rapeseed?
I only found 4 rapeseed plants. But the seeds are not enough for the farm. I've already discovered a lot from the map, but can't find any more rapeseed ...
I wanted to try working with organic oil.

3 years ago

Hi,

I discovered a small bug in your mod ...
When I grow potatoes, I cannot use a potato as a filter on the inserter. It doesn't exist as an entity ...
Even with deadlocks compact loader, the potato cannot be adjusted.

3 years ago

I will send you the German translation in due time.

Best way to send Your the German translation is github pull requests.

Or do you have current updates planned?

Maybe small updates, there is no time for more.

Can you give me some advice on how to get rapeseed?

Now only if it is generated on the map.
In the future I was planning to add some kind of system for obtaining missing or inaccessible seeds, for example (written in order of complexity of implementation):
- selection technology;
- trade with a station in orbit using rockets;
- arbitrary growth of plants on the map in a certain amount, based on the player's available.

3 years ago

I cannot use a potato as a filter on the inserter

Can't reproduce this error. What mods do you use yet?

3 years ago

That sounds good! For example, I can grow as many tomato plants from only 3 tomato plants until there is enough for the greenhouse.
In my older game world, I had to uncover the map for hours just to find two missing canola plants. Was a little annoying ...
I'm trying to get the achievement in which I'm not allowed to build pump jacks.
But trading in food or raw ingredients is also an excellent idea. Maybe even something related to space exploration (?)
Would match!
I look forward to all the new features.

Because of the potato as a filter ...
Difficult, I use a lot of mods. Over 100!
To name just a couple that have some implications:
Krastorio 2
Space exploration
Lots of "Schall" mods.

What I noticed ... No nutritional information is given on the potato. It just says how many I sent into space with the rocket. Strange ...

Do I have to register on Github to send you the translations when I'm done?
(I don't like to register everywhere.)

New response