Food Industry (2.0 beta)

by Oceanel

[Warning (!): Mod is still under development, and is not intended for a long game] This mod adds hunger and ways to produce foods and drinks. From grown foods can be obtained effect capsules.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

b Possible bugs/incompatibility with Industrial Revolution (IR)

4 years ago

Industrial Revolution heavily affects the tech tree so this actually should be kinda expected, but thought I'd give you a heads-up. The mod page has an FAQ to make mods compatible with their system, but I don't know how extensive your edits would need to be to make compatible.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

As I understand from the FAQ - the author himself must introduce support for new mods for IR.

4 years ago

At the bottom there is a series of steps the author recommends for a kinda roundabout attempt at compatibility.

I'm the meantime I will bring up the possibility of including compatibility with them, see how much work this all would take.

4 years ago

Also there was a long string of text I should have print screened. I'll be able to get that tomorrow for both of you.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I played and looked at the IR mod for 30 minutes for the first time, and I realized that there are dependencies on the initial resources. For first time this is copper and tin, and most recipes at the beginning of the game use iron.
There are also such concepts as - Era. What technology research will depend on.
But I have not looked into the mod code yet, I do not have time.

Total: we need to redo many recipes.

4 years ago

Or at least change the science for iron based items to after iron age which'll make them take way longer to get.

But in a way it makes sense the first greenhouse according to Wikipedia was invented in the 1800s. Before that they used the wooden ones like in your mod.

So it'll be wooden fenced farms and burner composters until iron age or greater. I'll take a look and see what's going on soon myself; if there's anything I can help with.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

right now, factorio crashes on load with both FI and IR installed. Tech tree loop...

4 years ago

Just uploaded a new update to fix this!

4 years ago

Awesome it loads! I'll try and find some time this weekend to see about any inconsistencies in play.

Thank you.

4 years ago

if u can make ur mod detect if IR is instaled, can u not automaticaly change some recipes to use tin instead of iron when both mods are instaled? i mean, dont u just have to add 1 extra line of code saying if IR is instaled use tin instead of iron for the recipes?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi.

i mean, dont u just have to add 1 extra line of code saying if IR is instaled use tin instead of iron for the recipes?

Yes it is, but it needs to be done!

I combined changes from different collaborators into version 1.8.93, and IR mod broke again :(

That mod is not compatible with IR because it adds late Age components to early Age recipe unlocks. Bang, circular tech tree.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/IndustrialRevolution/discussion/5d820dc0d60a5c000ccc1d2a
This tells us that we still need to redo recipes and technologies for compatibility. I created a separate folder for various compatibility with other mods, use it.

New response