Food Industry (2.0 beta)

by Oceanel

[Warning (!): Mod is still under development, and is not intended for a long game] This mod adds hunger and ways to produce foods and drinks. From grown foods can be obtained effect capsules.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

i [Balanced] How to start?

5 years ago

I started a new map but i don't have the energy/ time to grow lettuce or cucumber.
The fish kill's me as well when i manage to get a drop.
I harvested every plant and loose 1 energy per sec if I stand still
the farm takes 500 sec to grow.
do I miss something?
I use bobs and angels

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

1 energy per second???
Does it show (usage: 100%)?
if not set it to 100 in the mod settings
You also should have 25 Food capsules from the start

5 years ago

It's not quite 1 energy per second by default, but about 1 per 2 seconds. I've been playing for a few hours and it's really too high, you have to eat constantly basically.

5 years ago

that's weird... it should be 1 per 200 ticks (3.33333 s)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Oh the 25 Food capsules get removed by TinyMarathonStart

and yes if i do nothing then it needs 2 sec for one energy
sorry for this wrong post

5 years ago

it should be 1 per 3.333333 seconds and I'll look if I can make it not remove the starting capsules

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I mean it might be every 3.3s, but i have the settings at 100% and the point is, it is way too much / way too annoying while playing. You literally have to eat like every minute, it constantly interrupts you with what you were doing etc. It also only stacks to 10 so you need a lot of inventory space just for food you have to take with you.

In my opinion energy should deplete at maybe 1/4th the rate or even less. It would also give you more time in the beginning of a game to set up farms. Or you should automatically eat so you're not forced to constantly stop what you're doing to eat.

It would also be much less annoying if food wouldn't make you as full, as it is you can only get a couple dozen energy before you have to wait until you can eat more. Biter meat you can't even eat 2 at once because one makes you 60% full so you can only restore 20 energy at a time.

If you're eating basic things like lettuce or tomatoes which are the only things i can grow in my current game, you have to constantly click. If you could eat a whole stack of food at once that would also help.

I really love the idea of the mod, but it is extremely annoying in its current state.

5 years ago

Guess I'll do another balancing update!

5 years ago

:D
Looking forward to it! I may sound negative a lot, but i do really like your idea and i think this mod has potential to be great!

5 years ago

Done!

5 years ago

Just to chip in my 2c... You can go from the starting caps to sustaining on lettuce but you need to eat so darn much of it. I did find 50% &/or 75% rates to be more enjoyable. On the other hand, I then found everything from salad onwards to be OP, so I went back to 100%.

Will try the new balance but a couple of things for people struggling (I had a few restarts with this too) - bear in mind this might have changed now:

There is also the point of scale, which I think is fine but might be catching some people out... I used my starting caps to get 10 of each basic farm going (Tomato, lettuce & cucumber). I needed to eat from all 3 but I was in a net positive loop, so once I unlocked greenhouses, I was able to get those going pretty fast, again, 10 of each seems to be a good starting point (without doing the maths for salad ratio's or later foods).

One other tip: don't eat cucumber until you have it propagated through enough farms, the starting plants are all needed for seeds and eating a relatively small amount will waste too many seeds from the starting area (though you can get more later, further away from the start).

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

The mod was designed to be a challenge, but that difficulty was too much. You have to eat only the things you don't need for planting and be prepared for everything. I added the option to decrease or increase the consumption, because somebody likes it less challenging, somebody else likes it more challenging.

5 years ago

I ate cucumbers because i was a bit slow in setting things up in the beginning, so i only had tomatoes and lettuce, which meant i also couldn't make salads. I am also playing with biters on very high so i can't just go around collecting more plants.

Also, another balancing note: there needs to be a way to get rid of biter meat. Maybe make them into compost too or something, some way of automatically getting rid of it. I have so many chests full of it because i am killing so many biters on very high settings. Stack size also needs to be increased from 10 to like 100 at least so your inventory doesn't completely fill up when you fight for a bit.

5 years ago

If you don't pick it up, it will decay.

5 years ago

Ah, maybe one of my installed mods automatically picks them up then. Because my inventory always gets flooded without me even picking it up or being near it.

5 years ago

In vanilla you only pick it up, when you walk over it. So I guess some mod is doing that...

New response