Factorio and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn

Adds Tiberium ore that spreads - Harvest it, refine it, and convert it to power, weapons, and other ores. By Zillo7 (0.15), SAH4001 (0.16), Oktabyte (0.17), JamesFire and randomflyingtaco (0.17 update and 0.18+)

Content
10 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

g Productivity modules with Liquid Tiberium Fuel Cell

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

Using productivity modules in the Liquid Tiberium Fuel Cell recipe causes a surplus of empty fuel cells.
For example with 30% productivity on filling the fuel cells:
1 empty fuel cell -> 1.3 full fuel cells -> 1.3 used fuel cells -> 1.287 (1.3 * 0.99) empty fuel cells

I think the yield rate on the refurbishing recipe needs to be reduced.

Edit: corrected productivity to 30% since it's made in a chemical plant

5 months ago

Sounds more like making the fuel cells shouldn't be allowed to have productivity.

5 months ago

Why? It's not like using productivity makes Tiberium nuclear power unbalanced, 30% productivity only raises the energy per liquid Tiberium from 12.5 MJ to 16.25 MJ - which is still below the 25 MJ that the Tiberium Power Plant gives. Removing productivity would put it in line with the regular nuclear fuel, though I am not sure why this mod doesn't allow productivity there.

Personally, I feel like the refurbishing step is redundant because you only have to produce 1 new cell for every 100 cells consumed (on average), but perhaps that's a different issue.

5 months ago

I feel like the refurbishing step is redundant because you only have to produce 1 new cell for every 100 cells consumed (on average),

Refurbishing does more than make you have to create new cells.

5 months ago

What's the other purpose of refurbishing? The minuscule sludge output?

5 months ago

The logistic problem of having to deal with dirty cells.

New response