Factorio and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn

Adds Tiberium ore that spreads - Harvest it, refine it, and convert it to power, weapons, and other ores. By Zillo7 (0.15), SAH4001 (0.16), Oktabyte (0.17), JamesFire and randomflyingtaco (0.17 update and 0.18+)

Content
9 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

i Questions & Suggestions

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

Hi,

Currently playing Tiberium only run on K2+SE + Rampant, Giga fun experience great mod keep it up!

However, I have several concerns about logic and balance of the mod, maybe someone can enlighten me on these points.

TL;DR
Why transmutation is bound to liquid instead of molten?
Blue Crystals breaking the chain, any plans on improving?

I. Liquid Tiberium appears to be a final step of the resource chain as it unlocks Tiberium centrifuge 3 and liquid separation which should have the highest recourse yield compared to molten and slurry. And it is correct in the base game.
I feel it makes molten actually useless in the endgame, e.g - I as a player want to have control over resources I obtain, and if I research everything to transmutation upgrading my setup from slurry to molten and to liquid with every respective research, on the point of transmutation I will find out that my setup is actually ok but if I want to have agency over resources I will need to backtrack back to molten setup.
Yes, it's not mandatory and perhaps is designed to be something like an auxiliary system fulfilling demand on rares, etc.

Therefore a question, why transmutation is bound to liquid instead of molten?
(I'm aware of node harvesting and spike and yet I find it kinda strange)

II. the Second point is actually also touching the liquid problem but this time blue, If I'm not mistaken in C&C verse blue tib is more recourse efficient than green, in this mod it's shown as more energy efficient mutation which appears randomly on map turning green into blue with a time. Also, we can refine it turning it into raw resources with higher yield right?
Guess yes and no at the same time, because blue tib has blue Slurry and Liquid tib only, therefore on the later stages of a game when most if not all visible tib fields will turn blue player will be literally cock-blocked from transmutation forcing to go out and search for green crystals(before spikes of course), yea that's the point resources are limited but again not in the way of running out but changing from one to another. To blue tib which already is dominant on the map.
And yet again blue slurry has no other uses as explosives or liquid.

It would be great to have several use-cases for blue slurry and\or ability to turn it to molten as well as effectively enabling a second more advanced production chain of resources purely on blue crystals. Maybe even encourage players to search for blue instead of green just giving them more recourses out of it.
But for now, looks like blue tib is more of a burden instead of a blessing.

Thanks for your attention and regards.

New response