Factorio and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn

Adds Tiberium ore that spreads - Harvest it, refine it, and convert it to power, weapons, and other ores. By Zillo7 (0.15), SAH4001 (0.16), Oktabyte (0.17), JamesFire and randomflyingtaco (0.17 update and 0.18+)

Content
10 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

i Space Exploration and Centrifuging

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

First off, as a Command and Conquer fan since elementary school, Thank you for bringing my favorite alien crystal to Factorio!
As the title suggests, I've some complaints regarding the centrifuging of Molten and Liquid Tiberium. Both levels have, not only a disagreeable distribution towards Vitamalange, but permit the creation/acquisition of Naquitite way ahead of schedule. That much Vitamalange is too much in my opinion and I don't think that Naquitite, described as the "Treasure of Deep Space" and, thus, not likely to come into contact with Tiberium, should be acquireable by Centrifuge even at the Liquid Tib Stage given how much sooner one can get to Liquid T than Naquitite-bearing asteroid fields. Then again, Vitamalange is described as a "Primitive space sponge" and given how Tiberium generally reacts with living plant and animal matter, so maybe it shouldn't come from a centrifuge either. Just my two cents on the subject. Execution is entirely up to you. Just a little gripe on my end.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

EDIT: Tried to fix a couple of typos, ended up copying the whole thing again somehow

3 years ago

Glad to hear that you are also passionate about C&C and thank you for your detailed feedback.
Currently, our centrifuging recipes are automatically generated to provide that raw materials that are needed to make different science packs. We don't have any special considerations about matching the progressions for particular mods other than that we attempt to automatically categorize science packs into 3 tiers: pre-fluid-handling science packs, pre-rocket science packs, and infinite research science packs.
If you think this could improve the SE+Tiberium experience, we'd be happy to discuss a framework for excluding rare materials/particular science packs from the automatic recipes over on our Discord, which I see that you have already joined.
https://discord.com/channels/549422597608046614/709582752906739793/812456640694976523

New response