Factorio and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn

Adds Tiberium ore that spreads - Harvest it, refine it, and convert it to power, weapons, and other ores. By Zillo7 (0.15), SAH4001 (0.16), Oktabyte (0.17), JamesFire and randomflyingtaco (0.17 update and 0.18+)

Content
10 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

g [Fixed] Prospector compatibility

3 years ago

I'm assuming there are unintended side effects to having both mods running but I can't find anything written about it. I was hoping it's listed as incompatible because it either doesn't work with the prospector (no new ore is accessible) or it does too well and it's a balance issue. I'm quite happy not to use the features of both mods together but still use them apart if possible (i.e. no prospecting tib patches but still coal, iron, etc.) but will probably pick prospector if forced (and I really would like to add this to my list).

3 years ago

You can't find anything because the conversation about it was on Discord.

Prospector breaks tib. From what I've been told, and the reason the incompatibility was placed there, is that Prospector, in an area, converts all eligible ore into a higher type.

This changes the entity, which causes tib to stop growing.

If Prospector was to have an exception for tib, all would be fine. But AFAIK, they don't. So the incompatibility remains.

3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response, I'll post them a message and see if they can add the exception

3 years ago

If you want to provide the entities they need to except,

tibGrowthNode and tibGrowthNode_Infinite are required exceptions.

tiberium-ore doesn't really make sense to be prospected, but it won't break if there isn't an exception.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I added the exemptions you requested. Should be safe to remove the incompatibility flag.

3 years ago

Okay then.

3 years ago

Alright, conflict is removed.

3 years ago

Looks good, loaded both mods together and I've been watching a tib patch grow and convert trees for a little while now

3 years ago

Just found a conflict with another mod, 5dim's battlefield, something to do with laser turrets I think. Won't even load with it

3 years ago

The error message would be nice.

3 years ago

Oh, is it this one?

3 years ago

Took me a minute to find the log file as I don't seem to be able to post the screenshot I took:

" 42.554 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Factorio-Tiberium/data.lua:11: 5dim_battlefield/prototypes/turret-function.lua:229: attempt to index local 'inputs' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
5dim_battlefield/prototypes/turret-function.lua:229: in function 'laser_turret_shooting_mask'
Factorio-Tiberium/scripts/Tiberium Combat.lua:494: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
Factorio-Tiberium/data.lua:11: in main chunk
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'require'
Factorio-Tiberium/data.lua:11: in main chunk

Mods to be disabled:
• Factorio-Tiberium (1.0.4)"

3 years ago

They've updated and the error does not happen anymore. Tested loading, starting new game and browsing the tech tree

New response