Factorio and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn

Adds Tiberium ore that spreads - Harvest it, refine it, and convert it to power, weapons, and other ores. By Zillo7 (0.15), SAH4001 (0.16), Oktabyte (0.17), JamesFire and randomflyingtaco (0.17 update and 0.18+)

Content
10 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

i [Implemented] Tiberium Expansion

4 years ago

It looks like the tiberium ore expands from a node by about 11 tiles, then stops.
Suggestions:
Maybe that radius needs to grow over time.
Nodes have a chance to produce a new node nearby.
Pollution could cause it to expand more.
I like the idea of it expanding indefinitely causing a threat to your base although this may have UPS implications.

4 years ago

Yes, yes, and yes. I like them all. But yes, UPS implications.

I think we can minimize UPS impact with some things though, so we'll see how it goes.

I believe nodes further from spawn go further (or maybe it's that they grow faster?)

Placing new nodes runs into the problem of exponential growth, which means exponential CPU requirements.

Pollution... well, I'd say tiberium is a polluter, not a consumer of it. I suppose it would absorb some of the material from the air, but...

4 years ago

I was thinking it's a use for pollution if you have biters turned off as I usually do. I'm just throwing ideas out.
They could all be configurable so if a map gets bogged down they can be reduced.
But if biters are off, you can have all the UPS the biters would have used... :)
I suppose it's all down to the way you want to play.

4 years ago

I'm all for options!

I'll see what I can do about all this. I have a couple ideas.

4 years ago

You'll be happy to know, we've done some testing.

Larger field radius is coming, as is new nodes spawning.

4 years ago

Awesome

New response