Armoured Biters

by CybranM

Adds a new type of enemy to the game called "Snappers" with custom sprites and animations. They're heavily armoured but slower than regular biters. This mod is compatible with most other mods.

Content
6 months ago
0.17 - 2.0
220K
Enemies

g updated for 2.1

3 months ago

Hello, I have made a pr for updating to version 2.1 :)

Not meaning to pester, just don't know if you have notifications on github

https://github.com/CybranM/ArmouredBiters/pull/7

2 months ago

Just checking in and seeing if there are any updates on an update to 2.1?

2 months ago

+1

2 months ago

I have posted a temp fork with my pull request above, although i would much prefer if this mod updated, as i don't want to fracture the eco system, and this author really deserves the credit :)

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ArmouredBiters-2_1-update

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Hah! Had I not gone to bed last night, I would have beat you. :P I'm the same, it's just here to bring it to 2.1, glad people want to keep it alive! :) I'm just putting mine here since I put in the work and didn't want it to go to waste. Cheers!

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ArmouredBiters21Compat

a day ago

For people like me who are wondering what is the difference between the 2 forks:

According to Gemini they are effectively the same, but 3of0 adds an extra step via a setting. Both seem to adapt the biter AI to match the vanilla changes from 2.0 to 2.1.

Gemini prefers slightlygrilled's version because it is apparently a more elegant solution (code-wise). Although it probably doesn't matter as long as you don't encounter a crash or bug ^^


Also if / when the original mod is updated, please post it here so that I'll get a notification :)

New response