Alert Scanner

Adds an alert scanner reading missing materials for ghosts in it's logistic network.

Utilities
9 months ago
Logistic network Circuit network Blueprints

b Strange behavior of the scanner

1 year, 2 months ago

Is this behavior normal?

https://gifyu.com/image/SQdR4

1 year, 2 months ago

Definitely not, it looks like the scanner is constantly being reset.
Are there any errors in the log file?
If not, please try reproducing the issue in a blank new world so I can reproduce it. If you could provide the world directly and it is not too large that would also be fine.

1 year, 2 months ago

I just looked at the log file and it weighs almost 500 MB. It repeats the same entry many times:

5545.178 Script @AlertScanner/control/Event.lua:37: Duplicate entity (remove)

1 year, 2 months ago

The save itself weighs 48 MB. I have an idea now. Perhaps the reason is in the terminals on a compact processor

1 year, 2 months ago

Created a new world in sandbox mode. The strange behavior could not be reproduced. Here is the link to the main save: https://dropmefiles.com/zoZhJ

1 year, 2 months ago

When I cleared the map of all the ghosts, the behavior of the scanner returned to normal. I will look for the reason

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

My guess turned out to be correct. In fashion https://mods.factorio.com/mod/compaktcircuit to save the connection of signal wires in the drawings, there are objects called input/output point. As long as they exist in the world (it doesn't matter in the same construction zone or not) all scanners behave incorrectly. Is it possible to solve this problem somehow?

1 year, 2 months ago

I will look into it, i certainly don't want unnecessary incompatibilities.

1 year, 2 months ago

The problem seems to be the number of construction alerts generated each tick and not actually related to the compakt circuit mod.
In all my regular worlds there is only one alert added each tick, which the mod can handle perfectly. But in the debug world it's suddenly ten alerts each tick.
I am not quite sure what causes this difference and until then I cannot really fix it.

Can you confirm this is the case, i.e. how many construction alerts do you see more alerts than specified in the mod settings? Tiles, ghosts and upgrades count separately.

1 year, 2 months ago

The specifics of this problem is that the ghosts of connection points appear only if they are involved. Not the placement of the object of this mod as a ghost, but its presence in the drawing with wires connected to other objects

1 year, 2 months ago

Regarding your question, I didn't quite understand it

1 year, 2 months ago

In the mod settings the is a "Maximum number of alerts"-setting of this mod. Set that to 2 (the default).
Now tell me if you can see more than 2 alerts at the bottom right of your toolbar. (Something like 20)

1 year, 2 months ago

From the very beginning I had it 2 by default

1 year, 2 months ago

The construction network is not really anywhere else. Only in two places. At the unfinished nuclear reactor and in the quarter of the spaceport. In the first one, I saw an alert about 4 request chests and 4 active supply chests, and from the second quarter there were alerts about objects.

I can record a video

1 year, 2 months ago

That sounds like it is the problem I meant.
I have an idea to add an option for this case, i will release it as an update when it's finished.

1 year, 2 months ago

Good. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

1 year, 2 months ago

I have added an option called "Enable handling of fast alerts" that might fix your issue to v0.1.8. Please tell me if it works in your case.

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

I loaded into the save, put the scanner on, it behaves strangely, removed it, turned on a new option and as soon as I put the scanner in the world, this happened:

162.907 Error MainLoop.cpp:1382: Exception at tick 32758974: Мод Alert Scanner (0.1.8) вызвал неустранимую ошибку.
Пожалуйста, сообщите об этой ошибке автору мода.

Error while running event AlertScanner::on_tick (ID 0)
__AlertScanner__/control/History.lua:82: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'pairs'
    __AlertScanner__/control/History.lua:82: in function 'register'
    __AlertScanner__/control/Event.lua:129: in function 'update_surface'
    __AlertScanner__/control/Event.lua:178: in function 'update_force'
    __AlertScanner__/control/Event.lua:200: in function 'update_scanners'
    __AlertScanner__/control/Event.lua:228: in function <__AlertScanner__/control/Event.lua:219>
 162.907 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:92: MultiplayerManager failed: "Мод Alert Scanner (0.1.8) вызвал неустранимую ошибку.

Error while running event AlertScanner::on_tick (ID 0)
__AlertScanner__/control/History.lua:82: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
    __AlertScanner__/control/History.lua:82: in function 'register'
    __AlertScanner__/control/Event.lua:129: in function 'update_surface'
    __AlertScanner__/control/Event.lua:178: in function 'update_force'
    __AlertScanner__/control/Event.lua:200: in function 'update_scanners'
    __AlertScanner__/control/Event.lua:228: in function <__AlertScanner__/control/Event.lua:219>"
1 year, 2 months ago

I forgot to test the migration of existing worlds, this should now be fixed in v0.1.9

1 year, 2 months ago

I updated the mod, went into the world to check, but made a mistake in the text and while I was trying to fix it, I caught another crash:

189.969 Error MainLoop.cpp:1382: Exception at tick 32896440: Мод Constructron-Continued (1.0.74) вызвал неустранимую ошибку.

Error while running event Constructron-Continued::on_nth_tick(15)
__Constructron-Continued__/script/entity_processor.lua:285: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
    __Constructron-Continued__/script/entity_processor.lua:285: in function 'add_entities_to_chunks'
    __Constructron-Continued__/control.lua:14: in function <__Constructron-Continued__/control.lua:11>
 189.970 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:92: MultiplayerManager failed: "Мод Constructron-Continued (1.0.74) вызвал неустранимую ошибку.

Error while running event Constructron-Continued::on_nth_tick(15)
__Constructron-Continued__/script/entity_processor.lua:285: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
    __Constructron-Continued__/script/entity_processor.lua:285: in function 'add_entities_to_chunks'
    __Constructron-Continued__/control.lua:14: in function <__Constructron-Continued__/control.lua:11>"
1 year, 2 months ago

The situation has improved, but the problem remains.

https://gifyu.com/image/SQnl2

1 year, 2 months ago

Strange, are you on an experimental factorio version?

1 year, 2 months ago

Yes. We are currently playing on version 1.1.85

1 year, 2 months ago

It seems that version is also different. As a hotfix you can try placing some additional ghost where they can not be built (for example in another roboport network), that might fix it temporarily. I will get back if i have a proper solution.

1 year, 2 months ago

Do I understand correctly that this is the behavior of game alerts because of your mod?

https://gifyu.com/image/SQuN8

1 year, 2 months ago

Well, yes, I deleted the only scanner on the planet and this flickering stopped and the fps returned to normal

1 year, 2 months ago

I'm sitting playing and an epiphany has come to me. I have a mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/dynamic-robot-queues that changes the refresh rate from 10 to 4

1 year, 2 months ago

I disabled Dynamic Robot Queues and checked the scanner with the same processor. The flashing of signals was, but not like the first time spam in the log files was also, but not so active, and after enabling the new option, the flashing and spam stopped

1 year, 2 months ago

Thank you for finding the issue, this is actually very helpful.
I think I can add automatic handling of faster queue speeds to a future update, until then I am afraid that mod is not compatible.

New response