Spacefarer

by Lex_sk

A space-flight adventure built on Space Age: your ship is your only base, and planets are the milestones of progression, the source of contracts and trade. Start a new game with the "Space Start" scenario. Приключение о космических перелётах на базе Space Age: корабль — единственная база, планеты — вехи прогрессии, источник заданий и торговли. Начните новую игру со сценария «Космический старт».

Scenarios
10 days ago
2.0
211
Logistics Mining Manufacturing Storage

i trade ideas

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

shop.

sell and mission access from chests, or chest adjacent to hub or bays.

trade combinators. red and green signals. red, buy this many. lockout for a second or so after a transaction to allow recalculation propagation.
green signal, sell that many.

buysell selection. nauvis shouldn't buy uranium, only sell. vulcanus should never buy tungsten, coal, calcite. I.e. local specialties are sold, not bought.

Missions can request a resource sold by that planet, and buy it for greater than the sale price. Might be unintented. Observed for concrete on vulcanus. Bought 760 concrete for 1520, mission gave 4776 bucks.

why is water barrels an option.
oil as an option makes sense.
starting LDS or plastic would be nice. though working out how to make it was a thing.

was amused to see bulk inserters are useless until researched. not sure why powerpoles are sold.

a month ago

"sell and mission access from chests, or chest adjacent to hub or bays."
Currently, items in chests are counted for mission turn-ins, but they are not used when selling at stations. I will fix this in the near future.

"buysell selection. nauvis shouldn't buy uranium, only sell. vulcanus should never buy tungsten, coal, calcite. I.e. local specialties are sold, not bought."
This is actually how it should work right now — there might be a bug somewhere. If you can provide an example of where a non-local item was being sold, or a local item was being bought, I would appreciate it. I might need to tweak the lists somewhere.

"Missions can request a resource sold by that planet, and buy it for greater than the sale price. Might be unintended. Observed for concrete on vulcanus. Bought 760 concrete for 1520, mission gave 4776 bucks."
This definitely needs to be fixed. Thank you.

"why is water barrels an option."
I believe water barrels can be useful. At least, I personally used them quite often during my own playthrough.

"starting LDS or plastic would be nice. though working out how to make it was a thing."
Plastic is intentionally not sold from the start, but it may randomly appear for sale once every 15 minutes. This adds a certain challenge in the early game. That is by design.

"was amused to see bulk inserters are useless until researched. not sure why powerpoles are sold."
Try building them from the character's inventory — they should work even without researching them.
As for power poles, I'll tweak the random item lists — they are indeed not needed.

a month ago

Uploaded release 0.9.109

a month ago

water barrels. talking about the, you can collect ice.
starting lds/plastic. talking about the, you have it in the hub as starting resources, so replacement of broken collectors is plausible.
bulk inserters. without the first research level, their stack size is 1, meaning they work exactly like a fast inserter.
power poles are, admittedly, slightly useful for circuit wires.

a month ago

Starting LDS/plastic: on reflection, no change needed. Nauvis sells crude oil in barrels and coal, plus refineries and chemical plants, so plastic — and from it LDS — is reachable;

Bulk inserters: you're right, and my earlier answer was wrong — the bulk-inserter technology itself grants the first +1 capacity, so an unresearched one behaves exactly like a fast inserter. They stay in the shop on purpose: buying one early is an investment for later, once the research lands.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

fair enough. tbf, I screwed up initially with losing all of my collectors, and had to restart since I couldn't get lds to replace them, due to no cash flow. but that is pretty much an early game softlock, not a huge deal.

what about water barrels makes them better than ice? you get tons. I buy, or bought, iron and copper plates, gears, steel. until such a time as I got a decent forge up that let me feed eniugh ammo to finally be reliably and safely resource positive, but I have never had a water shortage.

bulk inserter. yep. I also bought 2 foundries, even though they only gave cheaper belts, for future use once I got science eniugh to use them. bough lasers, a few turbines, a heat tower. still don't have a heat exchanger though.

and stocked up on like 2000 barrels of oil when starting towards plastic. but got the carbon and sulfur to coal, to heavy oil recipe running so oil is largely obsolete now.

oh. sell should also sell max if you try to sell more than you have. and have a sell all button too. as is, you have 985 out of the 5000 needed, sell 100 9 times, 10 8 times, 1 5 times. would prefer sell 1000 or max once instead.

a month ago

Water barrels: they saved my own run. Late game, nuclear reactors up, I lingered on Nauvis too long and ran completely out of ice — power blackout, nothing running. Buying water barrels was the only way I got off the planet at all; without them it would have been close to a dead end. And they fit the rule the shops follow: a planet always sells what is locally available, and water is Nauvis's own.

Selling: fixed in 0.9.113. A trade larger than what you have no longer gets rejected — it goes through for what you have (1000 with 985 aboard sells 985), and there's now an "All" button, on both buying and selling. The same clamping applies to purchases: money, hold space and the planet's quota set the limit.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

ah. makes sense. I mean, sitting at nauvis, I never ran out of ice, and I've been using steam engines, but admittedly that is limited by carbon. I can see nuclear power once you have koverax, and no attempt at power conservation to cause this issue. makes sense, I agree.

haven't quite gotten lesser coal liquifaction fully automated, so no idea if solid fuel is better or worse than raw carbon yet, but nuclear will obviously blow that out of the water.

New response