RP Warfare

Adds 11 unique turrets, 3 unique vehicles, some personal weapons, and an optional smelting system. With custom art featuring high-quality renders & animations. Most of the content is aimed towards early & mid game and is balanced around vanilla enemies. There are no "turret level 2's." Each is bespoke with different designs and tradeoffs. Compatible with Space Exploration & Krastorio

Content
4 months ago
Transportation Combat

g [fixed] Not compatible with Schall Tank Platoon and Combat mechanics overhaul

1 year, 6 months ago

Seems a very interesting mod, but is not compatible with Schall Tank Platoon and Combat mechanics overhaul.

1 year, 6 months ago

I just tested it, it is compatible with Combat mechanics overhaul but not Schall Tank Platoon. I don't know when I'll get around to fixing that

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

Looks like this is the same incompatibility issue as RP Warfare + Factorio and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn.

There is an issue with the actions on the no-friendly-fire projectile copies.
Changing the code in burner_data_updates.lua:82 to add an action type if none are present fixes both incompatibilities to Tiberian Dawn and Schall Tank Platoon.
Something like the following should do:

if not no_ff_projectile.action.type then
    no_ff_projectile.action.type = 'direct'
end

The cause might be due to a load order or run order issue, where the normal projectile would gain the action type later than the copy is made.
Not sure if 'direct' is the best default type or some other action needs to be done, but at least it starts the game successfully.

1 year, 6 months ago

THank you for reply, seems that the problem is caused by a conflict with napalm.

1 year, 6 months ago

Thank you for the tips on how to fix this. The special no-friendly-fire ammo logic has been the source of many compatibility issues. I'll try to get a fix out in a couple days. I'm at least going to add an option to turn this feature off.

I really wanted to turn off friendly fire for turrets because they'll happily explode their friends otherwise. I don't think it's fun because there's no way for the player to prevent it. I tried to be clever though and I did special tricks to leave friendly fire on for player-shot weapons. Those tricks keep breaking things

1 year, 6 months ago

I had an unexpected free moment and was able to debug this. I wasn't handling ammos that had an array of triggers correctly. I tested that it loads with Schall Tank Platoon, Rampant Arsenal, K2, & Space Exploration.

1 year, 6 months ago

Thank you for your very good work and for this fantastic mod. If I can, another suggestion is to make it compatible with modular turret mod.

1 year, 4 months ago

Something that would probably be easy to add, is compatibility with Bobs mods (Basically, adding in the extra tiers of turrets so that these keep pace with Bobs turrets)

1 year, 4 months ago

I don't plan on making it scale in power with Bob's. I personally don't like how those mods make everything so OP. Plus biters are generally not a real threat once you're in end game (without rampant). The factory can survive having even large portions overrun.

There's also a good amount of tedious work to add more tries of turrets. They need items, entries, recipes, technologies, and locale strings. Then you need to balance the whole thing.

I am currently working on adding new vehicles so hopefully there will be a juicy content drop soon.

1 year, 2 months ago

I added an option to disable the special friendly fire logic. Can you try again?

1 year, 10 days ago

This appears to be fixed

3 months ago

Hi again. First of all, thank you again for your great work, the new stuffs of the updates are fantastic.
Unfortunately seems something is broken again with Schall Tank Platoon. The game run without problems, but when I start the game, I see that all stuff of your mod is disable.
I tried all compatibly mods option that you added, but all without results. I tried also different version and seems that the problem starts with the update 8.0, but I not understand which could be its.

3 months ago

I gave up trying to make them compatible and marked it as a conflict. I don't remember what the issue was anymore.

Once it's marked as incompatible Factorio will refuse to let them load together so that's why everything disappears.

3 months ago

Thank you so much.

New response