Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
27 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Just updated to 8.2.8 now crashing

27 days ago
(updated 27 days ago)

Running Angel+Bobs with a "few" other mods but not other big mod packs

The mod Reverse Factory (8.2.8) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event reverse-factory::on_load()
reverse-factory/control.lua:52: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
reverse-factory/control.lua:52: in function 'scanworld'
reverse-factory/control.lua:71: in function <reverse-factory/control.lua:70>

27 days ago

I'm also having this issue.

It's not related to other mods, I tried the following:
- disable all mods.
- "rollback" to 8.2.7.
- start new game, save and quit game.
- update mod to 8.2.8.
- load saved game, it crash.

Meanwhile you can continue to play by doing a "rollback", remove the mod .zip and download the previous version in the "mods" folder.

27 days ago
27 days ago

I have the same issue.
I want to use this importunity to also explain something here as a fellow modder who has done the exact mistake that happened here before.
Mods have a "control.lua" file which the game runs during the save, this contains the code the mod will execute as your playing.
there are multiple phases at start/load for different purposes and until the mod has passed all of them the API Class "game" is unavailable, so if any mod attempts to access it for any reason then the game will produce an error just like this one.
so if you ever see an Error mention that "game" is a nil value then you can already assume other mods have no impact on this, there are other API "Classes" which are also this way but im not going to list them all.

27 days ago
(updated 27 days ago)

While looking through the list of events in the Factorio event docs, I spotted "on_load", which I thought would fix a certain issue, but I ended up fixing it a different way and forgot to remove it, and didn't check loading a pre-existing save.

Just removed that section; should be fixed v8.2.9

27 days ago

While looking through the list of events, I spotted "on_load", which I thought would fix a certain issue, but I ended up fixing it a different way and forgot to remove it, and didn't check loading a pre-existing save. Just removed that section; should be fixed v8.2.9

this is why the error message said "Error while running event reverse-factory::on_load()", tested it the moment i saw the notification and can confirm that the Error is now fixed.

27 days ago

While looking through the list of events in the Factorio event docs, I spotted "on_load", which I thought would fix a certain issue, but I ended up fixing it a different way and forgot to remove it, and didn't check loading a pre-existing save.

Just removed that section; should be fixed v8.2.9

Awesome, thank you

New response