Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
22 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g [Implemented] Compatibility with Randotorio

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/randotorio

Your compatibilities.

Give, please?

4 years ago

Oooh, a randomizer mod? Sounds fun.

I'll do it, but only because you said "please" lol. Though tbh, it should work perfectly fine as long as your modified recipes load up before my mod.

At most, I would just need to add your mod as an optional dependency to force it to load first. I'll check this when I get back home

4 years ago

Alright, it seemed to be working properly from what I could tell, but I added the dependency just in case.

So your mod only randomizes everything at the "base" level, right? So things like gears, yellow belts, green circuits, and whatever machines are unlocked from the start? And then everything above that still uses the original items; like steel needing 5 iron plate, etc?

If so, then it's working as expected; you get the same items that you put in when recycling things. So if a gear required 2 stone to craft, then recycling a gear would create 2 stone, as expected. Interesting concept; hope it catches on!

4 years ago

Yep, it only shuffles the ingredients around for all recipes.
The results always stay the same.

e.g. The recipe for iron-plates is made in a furnace with a burnable fuel. The recipe ingredients can be changed from iron ore to transport belts for example. But there will always be that recipe that happens in a furnace to produce the iron plates. The plates themselves can later be used to make practically anything, including themselves being smelted to make copper plates.

I assume reverse factory just needs to be loaded after the randomizer, so hidden optional dependency should be enough :D

4 years ago

Hmmm, but from my testing, I've only ever seen the ingredients for base recipes be changed.

Everything unlocked by technology remained the same, like electric furnace requiring red circuits, steel and stone brick; or assembling machines requiring green circuits and gears. I was wondering if that part was also intended.

But yup, that's exactly what I did lol.

4 years ago

I expect there to be a reasonable need for further tweaks and improvements to the logic, including adding difficulty settings.
We'll see - There are many projects i could work on. :)

New response