Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
22 hours ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] After Version: 6.0.6

4 years ago

Version 6.0.6 is running!

With newer versions I get this window during startup-process:

Failed to load mods: Error while loading reciper prototype "rf-heavy-water" (recipe): Difficulty normal: Item ingredient can't gave count of 0.
Modifications: Reverse Factory

Mods to be disabled:
- reverse factory

4 years ago

Do you happen to know what mod this "heavy-water" recipe might come from? Sounds like it might be something from angels or pyanodons or space exploration, but I'm not sure.

4 years ago
4 years ago

Hmmm... okay, that's weird. I always check to make sure bobs mods are working properly, and I don't get any errors with 6.0.8, and most of the full suite of bobsmods (minus clock and inserters). Even with angels, there are no errors.

Are you using some sort of seablock or compatibility mod, or something else that might affect bobsmods recipes? Or if you are using any other big mods, such as pyanodons, or 5dims, or something that might similarly overwrite the heavy-water recipe?

4 years ago

You are right!
After some trial and error I identified AutoTrash as a problematic mod:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/AutoTrash

I do not know in which mod an adjustment is necessary!

4 years ago

Hmm, interesting. I will test this later when I get back home.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Okay, I tried using AutoTrash and Reverse Factory together in many different configurations (by themselves, with bobs, with bobs/angels, with bobs/angels and some other mods, etc) and I didn't get any startup errors.

Either AutoTrash is not the issue, or the issue is only caused when both AutoTrash and a third mod are together. Which means we need to figure out what that third mod is.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ok, it seems to be more complex than I thaught!
It's crazy, because ingame-info says, that "heavy-water" is a receipe from Bob's Ores (Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates).

For now I've identified other mods, that causes the startup-problem:
I was able to exclude 150 other mods, so I reduced the number of used mods to a handful: https://ibb.co/cX1sXtf
Bob's Ores is out,
AutoTrash is out,
Bob's Plates and Attached Notes come in.

I hope that you can now reproduce the error due to the small number of mods.

4 years ago

Wow. Just wow. Another weird and super specific mod interaction.

For some reason, Attach Notes makes an item version of the fluid "heavy-water" from bobs plates. And there's a recipe in the game named heavy-water, which my mod attempts to reverse. But my logic isn't expecting a fluid type recipe, which is formatted differently than item type recipes, and doesn't copy the correct amount of the fluid. So the game defaults the amount to zero, which isn't allowed (recipes with no ingredients don't define an ingredient at all). Thus an error, but only with these specific mods.

I seriously need to get around to rewriting the logic of this mod (again), hopefully make it a bit more robust so that these unexpected situations don't come up as often. Anyways, should be fixed as of v6.0.9

4 years ago

Looks fine, it works!
Thank you very much!

New response