Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
2 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] 6.0.0 breaks "Total Raw" calculation on random items

5 years ago

As per title. With Reverse Factory mod enabled some items (like railroads or plastic) show non-material items as raw materials. Such as plastic bar would require "1.8 tank shells and and 2.2 mines".. Some of the item requirements are shown as loops, at least explosive rocket's "Total Raw" is 3x explosive rockets...

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Is this with creative mode mod enabled? Or is this closer to vanilla, in terms of your modset?

I've checked using a mostly vanilla modset, using the sandbox mode of the game, and it seems to work fine there, after unlocking all techs.

I haven't actually had time to do a natural playthrough, so I can't say if it does the same in the normal game, but I know from previous experience in earlier versions, that having creative mode mod enabled alongside reverse factory breaks the shown material requirements. That's probably just carried over to this version

5 years ago

I have a similar problem. I just use this mod with latest 0.17 version and for steel chest it requires train stations as raw material. I have started the game on default settings without any creative mode or any other mod

5 years ago

Thank you for the report, and specific modlist that causes the issue; I'll take a look into this.

5 years ago

No other mods active

5 years ago

https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Recipe#allow_decomposition <-- should be set to false in any generated recipes for this mod; should make problem go away.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Will that really work? It looks like it should work, based on that description...

But I couldn't recreate this bug (mostly because I'm not entirely sure how to recreate the conditions in a timely manner), but I uploaded a potential bugfix (v6.0.2) with the property added to the reverse recipes. Assuming it works as intended, it should be fixed? But again, I can't test this myself, as I can't recreate the bug. All I know is that the game will still load properly.

5 years ago

I just tested 6.0.3 and it is working for me now. Thank you for the fix :)

5 years ago

Sweet, glad to hear it. Thanks for the assist, mrudat; this issue might have gone unsolved without your help.

New response