Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
24 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g "Do not attempt to uncraft if one of the ingredients exceeds its stack size" wtf?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Can't you at least give us the maximum stack size instead?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I mean, I guess I could.. although in that case, you would be losing some amount of the base ingredients, and I'd have to manually check what the stack sizes of said problem items are... which can be changed by other mods anyways... and the items that can't be uncrafted are already few in number...

Seems unnecessary. Unless you're uncrafting satellites or something, you would never really run into this problem, especially when the main point of the recyclers is to uncraft items which have become obsolesced.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

2 months later, I decided to add a safety toggle for this. Either Factorio changed to allow this, or maybe I didn't test enough in the first place, but with the safety toggle off, items which exceed the stack limits of their ingredients will recycle to the stack limit. I distinctly remember items like that simply getting stuck in the machines, but maybe it was caused by something else.

EX: Nuclear reactor requiring 1000 concrete will produce 200 concrete (the default stack size) when recycled. It is a massive loss of ingredients, which is why the safety is on by default, but the loss can be minimized when combined with mods that change stack limits (or ignored if you simply send random crap items to be recycled).

New response