Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
2 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Can't figure out a working 0.15

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Simply changing the version number to 0.15 causes an error on load.

Changing:
if(next(recipe.ingredients)) then
to:
if recipe.ingredients then

fixes the error on load issue, but attempting to use the reverse factory to recycle anything crashes the game. And I'm not entirely sure why this happens, the log provides very little information on the matter. If anyone more experienced with the 0.15 recipe changes knows what the problem is, and/or a potential solution; please share.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

May have figured out the issue while working on my other mod

It could be related to the new difficulty settings, where some recipes are defined using normal and expensive {ingredients}, for the two different difficulty settings, instead of just ingredients. Testing

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Successfully updated mod for Factorio 0.15! Figured out the issues and (hopefully) solved all of them. From changelog on main page:

Fixed recipe creation function to allow for normal and marathon recipes. Probably fixed minor issues from older versions. Added config options for dynamic uncrafting and difficulty override.
--NOTE: Due to Factorio recipe changes, dynamic uncrafting is disabled by default. Enabling it will allow uncrafting recipes to dynamically change from regular to marathon variants depending on the chosen difficulty on game creation, but adds an unsightly group to player's crafting menu. I hated this, as it's the entire reason I preferred this mod over the other recycling mod.
Instead, I decided to allow the player to choose their difficulty from the in-game mod settings page. This will set all uncrafting recipes to either their normal or marathon counterparts, regardless of actual chosen difficulty. One bonus side effect of this, is that if you play on marathon difficulty, but enable the vanilla uncrafting recipes, all uncrafting will give much smaller results, making it even harder on this mode. I wouldn't try it the other way around (vanilla difficulty + marathon uncrafting) unless you don't care at all about balance lol

7 years ago

I'm having an issue with 0.15 whereby after the first item is deconstructed the stack will move into the components section.
This seems to only happens if there's nothing in the components section.
Playing on normal mode with dynamic uncrafting set to false and set difficulty ticked.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hmm, I thought I had fixed the items moving over bug.. but I may have just turned it into another bug. Lemme test that real quick. Any item in specific, or all items have this issue?

EDIT: Alright, I see the problem... entity.is_crafting() is always returning false, even when crafting.. so when the output is empty, it will attempt to push the input item into the output.. but only sometimes.. annoying. Will test things out

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I couldn't figure out a real solution to the issue, aside from removing the feature entirely. For now, I lengthened the timer so that it probably won't activate before an item has finished uncrafting. Once there's an item in the output, the input will not be shifted. Though due to the way my update timer works, could get unlucky and have the item be shifted before it can be uncrafted at least once.

I might have to remove the feature entirely later, if this fix is not good enough.

7 years ago

suggest looking at the tech icon,
your icon shape has lost its previous full trash can size and now looks like an envelope box,
although your icon is still the same file, the scaling seems to have been changed

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

OH I completely forgot about that

EDIT: Fixed the icon size in v4.0.3

New response