Planetary Pacification


Hunt the hidden Conduit, deploy the Resonator, survive hive retaliation, and pacify Nauvis and Gleba for the perfect late-game experience. Orbital Map Uplink is strongly recommended for the full satellite-intelligence experience.

Content
3 months ago
2.0
149
Combat Enemies Environment

g Incredbily annoying "feature" turned into immensively annoying griefing mechanic

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

I have reason to believe this mod specificyly is the reason why i keep on having attack warnings when any attack is initiated by any faction. While i feel people wouldnt mind it, NOWHERE near in the mod description is this capability described and i feel this feature is also the reason why i may be lagging intensively sometimes due to the incredibily huge amount of infighting that happens between other factions that happens. AI factions, by the way. Also, there is no bloody option to turn it off. Which is the most biggest gripe i have. Can't turn it off? Hope i love the 50 warnings per minute i get because of the 80 different planned attacks that happen because of faction fighting, which NONE OF THEM ARE NOWHERE NEAR ME.

Example: https://prnt.sc/Qk_M4RDBnmgr

Edit: actually.. i think i've wrongfully (in a weird sort of way) declared the mod bad. I'm starting to think due to the way the mod works, it's pregenerated all of it's stuff on the map. And since it already exists....ALL the things that spawn in those pregenned area just start fighting immidatley...which they are all flagged as "attacks." I appolagize for the wrongful accustion. If you want to delete the message, i'd support the motion.

11 days ago

Hey there, it has been a while since I've looked at the mod but if memory serves the enemies shouldn't be attacking anyone but you.

Apologies for the late reply, I had notifications going to the wrong email, I have updated it now so shouldn't have any issues.

Couple of questions for you to get more context;
What other mods do you have enabled?
Are you running my companion mod, "Orbital Map Uplink"?
I am assuming you are on Nauvis?

I'd like to be sure I understand your feedback properly so please do let me know. I haven't had much and am not sure how the mod actually plays out in non test situations, I obviously havemy own style.

Your edit is GREATLY appreciated and is one of the reasons I love this community so much, it takes a lot to admit that anyone that you MIGHT be wrong :) Let's get it sorted.

Thank you!!

10 days ago
(updated 10 days ago)

Hey there, it has been a while since I've looked at the mod but if memory serves the enemies shouldn't be attacking anyone but you.

Apologies for the late reply, I had notifications going to the wrong email, I have updated it now so shouldn't have any issues.

Couple of questions for you to get more context;
What other mods do you have enabled?
Are you running my companion mod, "Orbital Map Uplink"?
I am assuming you are on Nauvis?

I'd like to be sure I understand your feedback properly so please do let me know. I haven't had much and am not sure how the mod actually plays out in non test situations, I obviously havemy own style.

Your edit is GREATLY appreciated and is one of the reasons I love this community so much, it takes a lot to admit that anyone that you MIGHT be wrong :) Let's get it sorted.

Thank you!!

ok so im stupid. Let's get that out of the way.

What im assuming is what's going on is that Planetary pacification pregenerates the map in such a way that biters spawn immidately.

The problem? Me, having 420+ mods (520 now) has about 4 different mods that add in their own factions.....That infight with each other. My problem that i initatally thought? Im ASSUMING it's because of a enemy detection mod i have installed SOMEWHJERE that's detecting factions inisating attacks on other factions. And because everything was pregenerated by planetary pacification for it's funny mechanic of detecting the enemy big hub, it also pregenerates all the other factions and biters. Who spawn in and start inisating attacks on each other because "CAPTAIN, LOOK!".mp4.

Also i did run your companion mod as well.

The problems immidately start when spawning in too. If you want i can throw you saves that should be at the time where planetary annillation and your companion mod was installed, which is when i quit out because of the problem of a funny mod that throws in giant unfair enemies that are only killable by lasers.

by the way, no space age. h.

Truthfully, the problem is probaly the fact that i may have a problem because 520 mods are TOTALLY A NORMAL NUMBER OF MODS TO INSTALL

(also the inital post was when i was angy. The edit came when i actually thought about it...yes i was disabling and enabling mods left and right. No it doesnt take 10 minutes, only like 2 or 3. Thank god.)

10 days ago

ok so im stupid. Let's get that out of the way.

What im assuming is what's going on is that Planetary pacification pregenerates the map in such a way that biters spawn immidately.

The problem? Me, having 420+ mods (520 now) has about 4 different mods that add in their own factions.....That infight with each other. My problem that i initatally thought? Im ASSUMING it's because of a enemy detection mod i have installed SOMEWHJERE that's detecting factions inisating attacks on other factions. And because everything was pregenerated by planetary pacification for it's funny mechanic of detecting the enemy big hub, it also pregenerates all the other factions and biters. Who spawn in and start inisating attacks on each other because "CAPTAIN, LOOK!".mp4.

Also i did run your companion mod as well.

The problems immidately start when spawning in too. If you want i can throw you saves that should be at the time where planetary annillation and your companion mod was installed, which is when i quit out because of the problem of a funny mod that throws in giant unfair enemies that are only killable by lasers.

by the way, no space age. h.

Truthfully, the problem is probaly the fact that i may have a problem because 520 mods are TOTALLY A NORMAL NUMBER OF MODS TO INSTALL

(also the inital post was when i was angy. The edit came when i actually thought about it...yes i was disabling and enabling mods left and right. No it doesnt take 10 minutes, only like 2 or 3. Thank god.)

Hey there, it has been a while since I've looked at the mod but if memory serves the enemies shouldn't be attacking anyone but you.

Apologies for the late reply, I had notifications going to the wrong email, I have updated it now so shouldn't have any issues.

Couple of questions for you to get more context;
What other mods do you have enabled?
Are you running my companion mod, "Orbital Map Uplink"?
I am assuming you are on Nauvis?

I'd like to be sure I understand your feedback properly so please do let me know. I haven't had much and am not sure how the mod actually plays out in non test situations, I obviously havemy own style.

Your edit is GREATLY appreciated and is one of the reasons I love this community so much, it takes a lot to admit that anyone that you MIGHT be wrong :) Let's get it sorted.

Thank you!!

Haha, sounds like you are the creator of your own destruction, over 500 mods?! I thought I was bad with my 30 or so.

Admittedly this is my first mod and the companion one came soon after, I never envisioned it to be played with so many mods so I'm afraid I can't speak to how it has affected the mechanics of mine.

It's a shame you had to quit out but it'd be really awesome if you ran a more vanilla save with my two mods installed. The radar mod definitely helps making finding the enemy conduit much easier, the hive is spawned as you are starting a new map with many max level enemies, it shouldn't be too difficult to attend to if you approach it when you are ready. It shouldn't do anything unless you antagonise it :) Activating the conduit will put you in a world of pain if you aren't ready, fortunately it is easy to "cancel" if you wish.

I'm just happy for any feedback, good or bad, to see how it's running. Once things settle on my side I will probably do a play through of it again to ready up for 2.0. I've been waiting for 2.0 stable to make any updates and improvements, but it's taking some time.

Oh, I don't think you'll get alerts for the enemy simply existing, the alerts if memory serve, only come about when activating the resonator to destroy it, they will send out waves to try stop you!

If you continue with it, please do let me know how you get on! Thanks :)

10 days ago
(updated 10 days ago)

ok so im stupid. Let's get that out of the way.

What im assuming is what's going on is that Planetary pacification pregenerates the map in such a way that biters spawn immidately.

The problem? Me, having 420+ mods (520 now) has about 4 different mods that add in their own factions.....That infight with each other. My problem that i initatally thought? Im ASSUMING it's because of a enemy detection mod i have installed SOMEWHJERE that's detecting factions inisating attacks on other factions. And because everything was pregenerated by planetary pacification for it's funny mechanic of detecting the enemy big hub, it also pregenerates all the other factions and biters. Who spawn in and start inisating attacks on each other because "CAPTAIN, LOOK!".mp4.

Also i did run your companion mod as well.

The problems immidately start when spawning in too. If you want i can throw you saves that should be at the time where planetary annillation and your companion mod was installed, which is when i quit out because of the problem of a funny mod that throws in giant unfair enemies that are only killable by lasers.

by the way, no space age. h.

Truthfully, the problem is probaly the fact that i may have a problem because 520 mods are TOTALLY A NORMAL NUMBER OF MODS TO INSTALL

(also the inital post was when i was angy. The edit came when i actually thought about it...yes i was disabling and enabling mods left and right. No it doesnt take 10 minutes, only like 2 or 3. Thank god.)

Hey there, it has been a while since I've looked at the mod but if memory serves the enemies shouldn't be attacking anyone but you.

Apologies for the late reply, I had notifications going to the wrong email, I have updated it now so shouldn't have any issues.

Couple of questions for you to get more context;
What other mods do you have enabled?
Are you running my companion mod, "Orbital Map Uplink"?
I am assuming you are on Nauvis?

I'd like to be sure I understand your feedback properly so please do let me know. I haven't had much and am not sure how the mod actually plays out in non test situations, I obviously havemy own style.

Your edit is GREATLY appreciated and is one of the reasons I love this community so much, it takes a lot to admit that anyone that you MIGHT be wrong :) Let's get it sorted.

Thank you!!

Haha, sounds like you are the creator of your own destruction, over 500 mods?! I thought I was bad with my 30 or so.

Admittedly this is my first mod and the companion one came soon after, I never envisioned it to be played with so many mods so I'm afraid I can't speak to how it has affected the mechanics of mine.

It's a shame you had to quit out but it'd be really awesome if you ran a more vanilla save with my two mods installed. The radar mod definitely helps making finding the enemy conduit much easier, the hive is spawned as you are starting a new map with many max level enemies, it shouldn't be too difficult to attend to if you approach it when you are ready. It shouldn't do anything unless you antagonise it :) Activating the conduit will put you in a world of pain if you aren't ready, fortunately it is easy to "cancel" if you wish.

I'm just happy for any feedback, good or bad, to see how it's running. Once things settle on my side I will probably do a play through of it again to ready up for 2.0. I've been waiting for 2.0 stable to make any updates and improvements, but it's taking some time.

Oh, I don't think you'll get alerts for the enemy simply existing, the alerts if memory serve, only come about when activating the resonator to destroy it, they will send out waves to try stop you!

If you continue with it, please do let me know how you get on! Thanks :)

The main problem is that I wasn't the one attacking. It was the 4 other factions that are in the game that infight. Because your mod spawns in the entire enemy final boss immediately, the area around them also has the other factions spawn in as well. Whatever radar mod I was using (I can't find it still god FU-) was detecting those attack raids as enemy attacks. Typically it's an assumption that it will come for me. They are not, in fact, coming for me. This comes up to a suggestion I have: don't spawn in your entire mod immediately. Try to work with the map generation rather then having it immediately there. And have it as a setting. And as a command to debug. Chances are that would fix my problem that is most definitely not your mods entire fault (because who actually decides they want five different enemies who also hate each other as much as they hate you????). It may also fix any lag ups problems anyone might face because they're stupid and decided to up enemy bases and numbers to over nine thousand. Maybe. (At the very least it gives them a way to clear rather then be slammed with ALL of the spawned in enemies at once)

8 days ago

Ok, lots to unpack :)

Suggestion: Don't spawn in entire mod at once, more setttings, debug option.
- To my best recollection it spawns between a range of distance away, so between 5 to 6k tiles away. Due to this, it is "inactive" until the area is explored by loading the chunk (this can be done manual exploration or through the companion mod if its used). So I don't think my mod at least is the cause of "movement". It may be due to the other enemy factions that the area becomes "active".
- In terms of "working with map generation" it would be hard to have it only spawn when you "find it". The companion mod and future mechanics will and do use the fact that it is an established location from the get go, this would require a complete redesign of the core mechanics.
- As far as debug commands and settings go, I feel that I offer quite a customisable experience, there are many options to fiddle with :)

It may be that you have simply too many mods working together that were never designed to play nice. I've tested with about 30 or 40 of the mods that I regularly play with but haven't tested with packs such as Py or Bob's. This is more because I envisioned a more vanilla experience.

I would be hesitant to change too much due to the sheer number of additional mods you have installed. I have made a note of your feedback should any of it arise through other use cases though. I honestly have no idea how the additional faction mods would affect mine.

Feedback is always appreciated, and hopefully by the time I sit down to update to the 2.0 version, I will have more to review.

Is it possible to share a list of the mods you use for interest? Thanks!

8 days ago

Just had another look at your screenshot, I don't think the warning or popup is part of my mod? Is it possible that it is part of another that you have running? Unfortunately I am travelling for work for a month so will not be able to really dig into this until mid-late October.

New response