Mini Machines Mod

by Kryzeth

Miniature versions of assemblers, electric furnaces, etc. Full integration with all of Bobs mods and ShinyBobGFX/ShinyAngelGFX, Industrial Revolution, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Gotlag's Electric Furnaces, AAI Industry, Fantario, and One More Tier. (independently, not necessarily simultaneously)

Content
9 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Bug at Startup/Broken Shadow Graphics

4 years ago

Ahh, yeah, I was gonna upload that fix. Very bad mistake on my part. v6.2.4 should be up now.

4 years ago

thanks

4 years ago

hi it's me again just want to inform that the mini oil refinery graphic is off position

4 years ago

Ahh.. are you playing mostly vanilla, or with another big mod, like bobs/angels, FXP, etc? Something that might change the oil refinery?

4 years ago

I'm playing with bob assembly machines

4 years ago

Aleight, that will help narrow down the issue. Is this with or without ShonyBobGFX?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ahh, I see. The shadow does seem to be slightly... off. Odd. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

4 years ago

Okay.... I see that using low res graphics does noticeably break the mini oil refinery. I don't really know understand why it's broken... I can't seem to shrink the values properly, they get turned into nil values somewhere down the line.

If I copy the vanilla method used to create the animations, shrinking the values in there beforehand, then it gets properly shrunk, but that only works with vanilla. If another mod changes the graphics (like ShinyBobGFX), then the new graphics are overwritten, and don't match the base machine... this is pretty annoying

4 years ago

so you use a function to make the shrunk graphics from the normal ones? It sure saves time but to deal with exceptions must be a problem
anyway, thanks for your hard work I don't play without your mod anymore :D

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yup, I use a single function with a series of checks for certain properties (like if an entity is using animation, animations, working_visualizations, animation_shadow, and if they are using the layers, and defining north, south, east, west, etc), and then modify the shift and scale of those properties by 2/3

It doesn't seem to have been working for the oil refinery or chemical plant (both using the same base game function to create spritesheets), but I figured out a "hacky" way around it. They use the same numbers in shift and scale, so I just copied the entire function, filled it with whatever filename they are using for the graphics, and then shrinking the size within the function itself. It takes a LOT more testing, but it's better than making a separate function for every single entity (which is the way I had it before the v6.2.x rewrite)

Should be working as of v6.2.5, at least for the cases I've tested, which include bobs, bobs+shiny, fxp, and fantario, all on low res and high res (although my low res tests came first, and I tweaked values during high res testing, so it might have broken)

Also, glad to hear it! Problem solving is hard in cases like this, but totally worth it to know people care :D

New response