Mini Machines Mod

by Kryzeth

Miniature versions of assemblers, electric furnaces, etc. Full integration with all of Bobs mods and ShinyBobGFX/ShinyAngelGFX, Industrial Revolution, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Gotlag's Electric Furnaces, AAI Industry, Fantario, and One More Tier. (independently, not necessarily simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Conflict with Fantario

4 years ago

When trying to use the mod with fantario by FacelessGER the game shows this error:
Failed to load mods: mini-machines/data-final-fixes.lua:387:attempt to index field 'normal' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
mini-machines/data-final-fixes.lua:387: in main chunk

There will also be an entry of this bug on the other mods discussion section incase it's an issue with the other mod.

4 years ago

Hmm, can't say I've ever heard of this Fantario. It probably changes something about the vanilla machines that isn't expected by my miniaturization logic, so it throws an error.

What kind of mod is it? Another base game overhaul, like bobs, angels, or omni? Or simply adding new tiers of machines, like FXP or Gotlag's Electric Furnaces mod? Just looking over the description, it seems to be adding some new mechanic to vanilla machines, among other things?

I've been fairly lenient with compatibility recently, but I'm not sure I can really justify trying to make it compatible with a mod that very few people will use. I'll look into this later though; if it's an easy fix, I'll apply it, but otherwise... don't expect much.

4 years ago

Hey Kryzeth,

My mod is a overhaul from base game. New machines, mechanic and items. But I don't have change the mechanic from electric mining drill. Why have your mod this problem?

4 years ago

I can't check from here, but the line seems to be referencing a recipe, its "normal" variant. Don't know which machine it is, but likely something from vanilla that has a normal and expensive variant defined, and is getting overwritten to not have a normal variant? That would be my first thought, but again, I'd have to check which line is causing the error.

Will check in about 2 or 3 hours when I get home.

4 years ago

Yup, just as I thought. I don't know where it is in your code, but you seem to be overwriting the vanilla electric mining drill, and replacing its normal/expensive recipe variants with a simple recipe. I can add a simple check to see if Fantorio is installed, and to look for a simple recipe instead of normal/expensive, shouldn't be too difficult.

But just as a disclaimer, you should never overwrite vanilla. Editing and adding to them is fine, but outright overwriting its entire definition tends to screw with other mods that depend on those definitions being the way they are.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Okay, I was going to fix this, but then I realized there were many more minor incompatibilities that bugged me too much to release, but would require more effort than I was willing to provide for this compatibility.

Mainly, the tech tree for mini machines is completely broken (unexpected prerequisite technologies), and the icons for many of the mini machines are identical to the normal sized variant.

This mod honestly intrigues me, but it overwrites so much vanilla content that my mod relies on, that I can't justify making a compatibility patch. You'll have to play this mod by itself, which seems to be what it's balanced around.

I am planning a complete rewrite which may solve incompatibilities with other mods like Fantario, but that might not happen for a while; it'll be a pretty major amount of work to refix everything.

4 years ago

Ok thanks for the update, I do understand that making and updating mods takes a lot of time so I won't rush anyone but thanks for the update on the situation

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I am currently in the final stages of my total mod rewrite, just have to finish up compatibility with Fantario. Will need to work some things out with the mod author before I can finalize these changes, but the update should be out before monday.

EDIT: Released v6.2.0, which should allow for full feature compatibility with Fantario. The first tech (basic miniaturization) is locked behind basic automation, and is balanced to only require 1 red science, to match the other techs of this level. Or, if you have the mini-tech setting disabled, the mini machines will simply unlock alongside the base machines.

The only minor issue I've noticed is that the electric assembling machine's mini variant is called mini assembler 4, which is wrong. I might fix that later, but afaik, it's the only issue, and I can live with it for now.

New response