Mini Machines Mod

by Kryzeth

Miniature versions of assemblers, electric furnaces, etc. Full integration with all of Bobs mods and ShinyBobGFX/ShinyAngelGFX, Industrial Revolution, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Gotlag's Electric Furnaces, AAI Industry, Fantario, and One More Tier. (independently, not necessarily simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i [Implemented] Missing Chemical Furnace?

4 years ago

There's no mini recipe for the Electric Chemical Furnace, which is one of Bob's from "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates". Is that intended?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

This is correct; there is no mini electric chemical furnace. There should be a mini version of the multi purpose furnace, which is an upgraded and merged electric chemical furnace and metal mixing furnace, which I thought would work well enough.

Is there much of a need for mini versions of the separate machines? I haven't played bobsmods in a.. really long while, so I don't remember how much it is used, and how long it is before you can upgrade.

4 years ago

It's a pretty long, painful stretch between coal-powered steel production and electric steel production right now if you use Bob's latest, which broke all of our production by restricting steel production to chemical (and multi) furnaces only, even if you use a mod (like electric furnaces) that provides another way -- his latest update overrides steel recipes in regular steel furnaces. I am asking about that, but Bob's really isn't about making life easier, so I'll be surprised if he reverses that decision.

I'd really appreciate the addition of a mini Electric Chemical Furnace to fill the gap, but I understand if you prefer not to.

4 years ago

Oh wow. Part of the reason I kinda stopped using bobs after 0.17 came out, was because of random changes like that, which I didn't really like. Very interesting... I can totally add it, shouldn't take too long.

Although that makes me wonder if I should also add mini metal mixing furnaces.. I'll see how the crafting menu looks.

4 years ago

Alright, mini chemical furnace and mini metal mixing furnace are now in v6.1.2

If you use ShinyIcons and ShinyBobGFX (which I highly recommend), then the new machines will be in the wrong row. However, I have a good relationship with the mod author, so he should update to fix this soon enough.

New response